Dear All,
This is great news! However, I hope the govt. will move faster as 2014
approaches and waive off the spectrum fee completely ;-)
Am also keen to know whether WPC will refund all those who have already
paid 91K. And yes, can someone drill some sense into their brains that all
the DDs they have received deserve at least an acknowledgment, let  alone a
renewed license!
Warm regards
vasuki belavadi

++++++++++++++++

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 1:56 PM, N.Ramakrishnan <n...@ideosyncmedia.org>wrote:

>  Dear all:
> Definitely good news. But while this is forward movement on the matter of
> spectrum fee, it is not yet what we are aiming for - and not yet what the
> Minister promised or what was mentioned in the PIB release. So I totally
> agree on the need to continue engaging and pushing for the final waiver.
> We would do well to remember that as long as there is a spectrum fee,
> WPC's exotic ways of calculating it will continue to exist - calculation
> from the date of frequency allocation (and what's worse, the beginning of
> the quarter of frequency allocation). All the folks who have been waiting
> for their WoLs over the last year will pay for this delay on WPC's part,
> for not fault of their own.
> Warmest,
> Ramakrishnan
>
> N.Ramakrishnan
>
> Director of Projects
> Ideosync Media Combine
> 177, Ashoka Enclave III
> Sector 35, Faridabad - 121 003
> Haryana - India
>
> Tel: +91-0129-4131883/4064883/4065883/6510156
> Mobile: +91-9810273883
> Web: www.ideosyncmedia.org
>

> On 15/02/13 1:00 PM, Vinod Pavarala wrote:
>
> Friends,
>
>  As per an order dated February 13, 2013 placed on the website of DOT,
> the spectrum fee seems to have been rolled back to 19,200. It says the
> amount "shall be provisionally charged up to 31-03-2013".
> See
> http://www.wpc.dot.gov.in/static/Community%20Radio%20Station%20royalty%20charges%20and%20Licence%20fee.pdf
>

>  best,
> Vinod
>
>  --
> Dr. Vinod Pavarala
> Professor of Communication &
> UNESCO Chair on Community Media
> Sarojini Naidu School of Arts & Communication
> University of Hyderabad
> Gachibowli, Hyderabad 500046
> Phone: +91-40-23135501/23011553
> http://www.commuoh.in/
> http://www.uccommedia.in/
> http://www.communityradioindia.org/
>

> Join the Community Radio Forum. For membership details, please go to
> www.crforum.in
>
>   --

*VASUKI BELAVADI*
Associate Professor & Faculty Fellow, Unesco Chair on Community
Media<http://www.uccommedia.in>
,
Department of Communication <http://www.commuoh.in>,  University of
Hyderabad <http://www.uohyd.ac.in/>, Gachibowli, Hyderabad-500046, Andhra
Pradesh, India
Phone (Off): +91 40 23135505,  Email:  mai...@vasukibelavadi.com | Skype:
vbelavadi
Skype: vbelavadi| Linkedin: vasuki belavadi | FB: vasuki belavadi |
Website<http://www.vasukibelavadi.com> |
Blog <http://blog.vasukibelavadi.com>*

*