Dear all,

I'm forwarding an invitation for participation at the Thesaurus Maintenance
WG meeting, which will take place this Tuesday.

If you're interested in attending, please let us know and we'll share the
Zoom link with you.

For more details, see below:

The Thesaurus Maintenance WG
<https://www.dariah.eu/activities/working-groups/thesaurus-maintenance/>
aims at designing and establishing an overarching thesaurus for the
humanities. Our work will focus on identifying the top-level-concepts
(facets and hierarchies) that will become its common basis, meeting the
demands for objectivity and interdisciplinarity.

It has established the Backbone Thesaurus (BBT
<https://www.backbonethesaurus.eu/>), a set of top level-concepts, which
are acceptable regardless of the scientific field in which they apply, that
enable classification of vocabularies used across scholarly communities in
a consistent and objective way.

The meeting of the Thesaurus Maintenance Working Group aims at reviewing
its recent activities and discussing future planning. Furthermore, to
highlight the benefits of the BBT, three members of the BBT community will
present their research scenarios that share the use of the Backbone
Thesaurus model: the compilation of a prosopography in a historical
context, gender stereotypes as encoded in language use and literary works
analysis.

The meeting will take place during the DARIAH Annual Event 2023 in
Budapest, on June 6, 11:30 CET (12:30 EET). For details, see the Annual
Event programme <https://annualevent.dariah.eu/programme/>.

VIRTUAL ATTENDEES

If you are not able to travel to Budapest to attend the DARIAH Annual Event
2023 in person and wish to join virtually, make sure to ask for the zoom
link.

All the best,

--
Eleni Tsouloucha
Philologist - MA Linguistics & Language Technologies

Address: N. Plastira 100, GR-70013 Heraklion, Grece
email: tsoulo...@isc.forth.gr, eleni.crm....@gmail.com
Tel: +30 2810391488