On Wed, 24 Mar 2021, Nathaniel Kipps wrote:

This is definitely a very blunt fix, and thus has blunt consequences.
For example, let's say a player *did* need to pick up 1000 items. If
they're limited to 10 items per tick, and the operation returns after
those ten items, they'll have to issue "get all" 100 times before all
the items are retrieved. I think it's definitely better to only
inflict a time penalty, not a time penalty + UI penalty.

This is probably a good time to remind everyone that CF supports scripting client and server side. I feel like this isn't mentioned enough. I've written scripts that could be adapted to deal with that.

Eg, here is a simple shell script to pray a number of times:

$less praylots
#!/bin/bash

case $1 in
"")
        echo "Please specify a number of times to pray"
        exit 10
        ;;
*)
                NUM=$1
                ;;
esac

for I in $(seq $NUM)
do
        echo "issue 1 1 use_skill pray"
done

I'm not really commenting on Mark's proposal but faced with this situation I would script it.

Rob