On 1/12/22 7:42 PM, Steven Johnson wrote:
I was curious how each format would look when using actual crossfire data.
So, I made this webpage to show it! https://shjohnson314.com/cf/format-compare/ <https://shjohnson314.com/cf/format-compare/>

I show the following side-by-side: Current, YAML, XML, JSON, TOML
using an example of formulae descriptions.

Thank you, Steve, for putting this together.

I think your arguments preferring YAML or XML over JSON are compelling.

I'm not very familiar with the parser libraries that are available for YAML or XML parsing. I would find it useful if someone could comment on choices for C or C++ and Java YAML and XML parsers.

(Java, because Gridarta is written in Java.)

Is there an analog to XSD validation for YAML?

Regards,
Kevin