On Fri, Jun 16, 2023 at 05:36:59PM -0700, Mark Wedel wrote:
> On 6/16/23 10:37, Rick Tanner wrote:
> >
> >Hello,
> >
> >While working on numerous maps, I have noticed that some map authors (and/or
> >map editors) included a contact email address in the map header.
> >
> >Nearly all of these addresses are no longer valid. For instance, some are
> >University (College) addresses. And, many are from people I have not "seen"
> >online in many years.
> >
> >Given the different methods of communication we now have available - IRC,
> >Discord, and the mailing list -- those are the preferred ways to reach out
> >to a map author for questions, comments, discussion, etc. instead of direct
> >emails to the author.
> >
> >Does anyone have any concerns in regards to removing the email addresses
> >from the map headers?
> >
> >If there are no issues or concerns, I will take care of updating all the
> >maps to remove this content. To give this discussion some time, I would look
> >at starting to make this change in 2023-July.
>
>  I was thinking when I just saw the subject 'how many of those e-mail
> addresses still work, and even if they do, is anyone looking at them'.
>
>  I think that with the fact everything is in publicly accessible source
> control, people can always use that to see the original creator (or at least
> importer) of a given map, as well as who has modified it recently.  That is
> probably just as useful, if not more useful, than the info in the map header.
>
>  Even if someone does want the old information, they can always look for it
> in the source history (look at the old version when it still exists).

Those few bytes aren't BOTHERING ANYONE and DOING NOTHING.  Leave them
alone - they are historical artifacts of people and times that have
past.

What is the problem that they are bothering anyone?

Is this a social disease?

http://www.mrbrklyn.com

http://www.coinhangout.com - coins!
http://www.brooklyn-living.com