Tilman Sauerbeck [2008-05-06 23:33]:
> Johannes Winkelmann [2008-05-06 13:00]:
> > Hi Richard,
> >
> > On Tue, May 06, 2008 at 09:55:10 +0200, Richard Pöttler wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > > [...] So I wrote a git driver for
> > > ports (attached) and some example configuration files for the namenlos
> > > and opt
> > > repositories (also attached).
> > >
> > > What do you think?
> > This has a couple of nice properties:
> > [...]
> > If git gains a "partial clone" feature, that would definitely help.
>
> git clone URL --depth n
> seems to give you a clone that only contains the n last changesets.
>
> I never tried it though.

How about this for the git driver:

git clone --depth 1 --bare /tmp/gitdriverclone.git
git archive --format tar /tmp/gitdriverclone.git | tar -C -x /tmp/co

Then we can sync /tmp/co with /usr/ports/whatever, which means we can
print nice stats about which file was updated.

It's horribly inefficient, but it should be okay for small(ish)
repositories.

Regards,
Tilman