At 3:57 AM +0800 on 12/25/99, Arrianto Mukti Wibowo wrote:

> Does anybody know any mailing list or newsgroup for people whose
> interested in financial cryptography, especially e-cash?

<Ding!>

You rang?

:-).

By posting here on cryptography, you've already come to something like
the right place, but you can dial in tighter on the
economic/legal/financial problems of digital bearer financial
cryptography, i.e. "e-cash", in all its lexical permutations, here:

<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

There's also, of course, [EMAIL PROTECTED], which is a majordomo list
like this one devoted to actually coding crypto, and where blinding
schemes are, this moment, being thrashed out in gory detail by actual
cryptographers, and, finally, there's the granddaddy of all
crypto-anarchy <can't have one idea without the other, so say lots of
adherents of both> lists, cypherpunks, which can be gotten at (in one
among several places, on purpose) [EMAIL PROTECTED], being also a
majordomo list, though hydra-headed, to prevent censorship.

Contact me directly, and let me know if you need other help.

     Digital Commerce
     *is*
     Financial Cryptography.

     "Real time gross settlement"
     *is*
     digital bearer settlement.

&cet, &cet, &cet...

Cheers,
Robert A. Hettinga
<dangling baby-pictures from his walletware>
Founder,
the Digital Commerce Society of Boston
the e$/e$pam lists (RIP, but ya never know, stay tuned...)
the International Conference on Financial Cryptography
    <http://www.fc.ai>, <http://www.fc00.ai>
    (and others, in opposing temporal directions...)
the International Financial Cryptography Association <http://www.ifca.ai>
Philodox Financial Technology Evangelism <http://www.philodox.com>
the Digital Bearer Settlement List <see above>
and,
finally,
(so far, anyway, lots more picture-holders in the wallet),
the Internet Bearer Underwriting Corporation <http://www.ibuc.com>

R. A. Hettinga <mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
44 Farquhar Street, Boston, MA 02131 USA