Alexander Klimov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

>So what kind of threat models does it address, and what does that say about
>the kinds of customers who'd want it?

One threat model (or at least failure mode) that's always concerned me deeply
about QC is that you have absolutely no way of checking whether it's working
as required.  With any other mechanism you can run test vectors through it,
run ongoing/continuous self-checks, and (in the case of some Type I crypto)
run dual units in parallel with one checking the other.  With QC you've just
got to hope that everything's working as intended.  That alone would be enough
to rule out its use as far as I'm concerned, I can't trust something that I
can't verify.

Peter.