The EFF yesterday filed a letter from a number of academic security researchers urging the judge in the MIT "Charlie Card" case to reverse the restraining
order.  It can be found on the EFF's case page, at
   http://www.eff.org/cases/mbta-v-anderson/

As a security researcher (and one of the signers of the letter to the judge), I was particularly struck by the ironic -- and very unfortunate -- message that the court order sends to our community: it's safer to irresponsibly blindside users and vendors by publishing about vulnerabilities without warning them first (thus denying them
the opportunity to seek a pre-publication gag order).

Surely that's not what that the court or the MBTA seek to encourage here.

I blog a bit more about this at
  http://www.crypto.com/blog/security_through_restraining_orders/

-matt