I just received a phishing email, allegedly from HSBC:

    Dear HSBC Member,

Due to the high number of fraud attempts and phishing scams, it has been decided to
    implement EV SSL Certification on this Internet Banking website.

The use of EV SSL certification works with high security Web browsers to clearly identify whether the site belongs to the company or is another site imitating that
    company's site....

(I hope I haven't quoted enough to trigger someone's spam detectors!) Needless to say, the message goes on to suggest clicking on a link to update your account.

                                                        -- Jerry