On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:09 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:
> Although presumably there would be value in shutting down a
> privacy-protecting service just so that people can't benefit from it any
> longer. When the assumption is that everything must be public, any
> service that keeps some information non-public might be perceived as a
> threat.

This is the only way in which crypto helps against the PRISMs: when
legitimate business interests come to depend enough on services that
can neither easily be compromised by the PRISM nor easily be shut off
because of the large dependence on those services.  That's really more
a political effect than a technological one, though facilitated by
technology.

Nothing really gets anyone past the enormous supply of zero-day vulns
in their complete stacks.  In the end I assume there's no
technological PRISM workarounds.

Nico