On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 01:52:38PM -0500, Nicolai wrote:

> Zooko: Congrats on the service.  I'm wondering if you could mention on the
> site which primitives are used client-side.  All I see is that combinations
> of sftp and ssl are used for data-in-flight.

Thanks!

I'm not sure what your question is. The available interfaces to the gateway --
i.e. the cleartext side that is marked in red on [1] -- are:

* the "tahoe" command-line tool [2]

* your unadorned web browser, even with JavaScript turned off, pointed at the
gateway over localhost (or over SSL to a remote host, or whatever you want)

* your FTP or SFTP client

* FUSE (although in a Rube Goldberg-esque setup where FUSE is chained to the
aforementioned SFTP server through the "sshfs" tool; Like a Rube Goldberg
device, it actually does work once you get all the pieces set up next to each
other.)

The semantics of what you can do with this are described in summary here:

https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/about.rst#access-control

And in much more detail in the documentation pages linked from there.

Does that answer your question?

Regards,

Zooko

[1] https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/chrome/LAFS.svg

[2] https://tahoe-lafs.org/trac/tahoe-lafs/browser/trunk/docs/frontends/CLI.rst

P.S. This is a test of charset handling through GNU screen, mutt, and GNU
mailman: ??

(That should be a superscript "1".)