On Thu, Jan 9, 2014 at 11:08 AM, Thierry Moreau <
thierry.mor...@connotech.com> wrote:

> I guess a multisignature trust system requires some algorithm support
> beyond RSA and ECC signature schemes pushed by NIST, and thus would have
> been rejected on the (questionable) basis of lack of support in the DNS
> software culture and the (political) basis of lack of NIST approval.

Not at all. You can use any digital signature scheme you want. Give the
data you want signed to each of the participants and they can add their
signature. It's not much different than the digital equivalent of a paper
document signed by multiple parties.

Verifiers merely ensure there's t signatures present on a given piece of
data before treating it as valid.

An example of a system using this approach is The Update Framework:

http://freehaven.net/~arma/tuf-ccs2010.pdf

See section 6.2: Multi-Signature Trust.

There are also multisignature Bitcoin addresses:

http://bitcoin.stackexchange.com/questions/3718/what-are-multi-signature-transactions

--
Tony Arcieri