On 18 February 2015 at 06:20, ianG <i...@iang.org> wrote:
> Wow.  I never even knew that existed!
>
> Is there any experience of of the word list in use?  Any research?
>
> On the face of it, it would make things a lot easier for ordinary people to
> share that hex stuff when doing known key exchanges.
>
> An observation:  calling it the PGP word list is just boring.  It needs an
> exciting name that gets people looking it up out of curiosity.

I'm not aware of anything real spectacular, the topic was discussed
quite a bit on the messaging mailing list though.

https://moderncrypto.org/mail-archive/messaging/2014/thread.html
Specifically the threads:
Useability of public-key fingerprints
Short Auth Strings
Word list for English Words

We had tried to get a small usability study run in the field:
https://github.com/tomrittervg/crypto-usability-study but it kind of
petered out.  If anyone wanted to use that or build on it though,
they're free to.

-tom