Will Rodger wrote:

John says:

> Wireless is a horse of a different color.  IANAL but
> the last time I looked, there was no federal law
> against intercepting most wireless signals, but you
> were (generally) not allowed to disclose the contents
> to anyone else.

No longer, if it ever was. It's a crime, as evidenced by the wireless scandal a few years back when some Democrat partisan intercepted communications of Republican leadership in Florida, then talked. The simple act of interception was illegal.

Next time, before disagreeing with someone:
  a) Please read what he actually wrote, and
  b) Don't quote snippets out of context.

Three sentences later, at the end of the paragraph that
began as quoted above, I explicitly pointed out that

cellphone transmissions are a more-protected special case.