Thanks to some prodding from Zooko, I've decided that the main reasons for Crypto++ having its own license no longer applies, so I might as well choose a standard open source license for it. The Boost Software License (see http://www.opensource.org/licenses/bsl1.0 and http://www.boost.org/users/license.html), with an added disclaimer that the library is only copyrighted as a compilation, seems suitable since like the current Crypto++ license it doesn’t require the copyright notice and license to be included in object code distributions. Does anyone have any other suggestions or comments?