> I had a similar problem with another third pary library that I use and the
> problem was eventually tracked down to the inconsistent use of the
> -std=c++14 option...

Forgot to mention... From the Oracle C++ compiler release notes
(https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E60778_01/pdf/E60746.pdf, p.68):

    Notes for Oracle Developer Studio 12.5:
    1. Pre-standard C++ is not supported, so the macro never has the value
1.
    2. C++14 is only partially supported, so the macro has the C++11 value,
201103L,
       in C++14 mode. A future release might support C++14.

Its mostly academic with Crypto++, though. We are C++11 aware, and we use
some C++11 features when available. See the tail of config.h for the
CRYPTOPP_CXX11 defines.
(https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/config.h#L752).

We don't do anything special for C++14 or C++17. However, to ensure no
unexpected problems, we test under C++14, GNU++14, C++17, and GNU++17. The
GNU ones are GCC's flavor of C++. Also see HAVE_CXX14, HAVE_GNU14, and
friends in cryptest.sh.
(https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/blob/master/cryptest.sh).

Jeff