On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 1:04:19 PM UTC-4, Nico wrote:

> 1) How can I re-use a StringSource object created for a pipeline?

Hmmm... I've never seen that use case. Given you cannot seek/rewind in a
source, the answer is likely NO.

> 2) Is it possible to hold back on the generation of the hash so I can add
> more information to be hashed? Or I should concatenate my input message
> before hand?

YES. Instead of using a pipeline, Update() data directly into the hash.
When you are done adding data, then call FInal().

 Looking at the wiki, Hash Function has the example you are looking for at
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Hash_Functions. You want to follow the SHA
example.

Now, you can wrap the Constructor, Update and Final into a more Javaa-esque
pattern using Init/Update/Final. For an example of that using block ciphers
(not hashes), see https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Init-Update-Final.

Can I create this ss1 object and reuse multiple times?

NO.

Jeff