On Friday 27 April 2001 20:44, Tim Janik wrote:
> i don't know anything about kdoc, gtk-doc is quite easy to use and has no
> added deps, but it lacks documentation (yes, we know about the irony in
> that ;) what deps does doxygen come with? in the end the doc tool probably
> doesn't matter as much as its deps do.
> the distcheck csl tarballs definitely need to contain completely build and
> viewable documentation, so that just developers are required to have the
> actuall doc-tools installed. so particularly kdoc and doxygen, what deps
> do they come with (i don't have kdelibs or qt on my system for instance).

Doxygen requires GNU flex, bison, make, and Perl. There is an optional
Qt GUI and it needs LaTeX if you want PostScript output. It might be
a good choice since it avoids favoring KDE (kdoc) or Gnome (gtk-doc).

I know kdoc requires Perl 5.6.0 which is a problem for me running Debian
Potato. I believe KDE is now encouraging people to use doxygen instead of
kdoc since it is better supported, has more features, and is compatible.

Doxygen looks like a good choice but I still want to see how gtk-doc
works.

Home page is http://www.stack.nl/~dimitri/doxygen/