Julian Tulip's Licorice wrote:
> I am starting my first (almost) all CSS site, and I already have a question.
> Probably typical...
> If you look at the site:
> http://www.johnkehm.com/jk
> http://www.johnkehm.com/jk/style.css
>
> The 'print examples, web examples and contact' box renders differently
> between Firefox and IE6.
>
> IE moves it down and left quite a few pixels and also adds spacing between
> the links.
>
> It must be an easy fix?
> I would like to learn the hacks etc as I go.
>
> Any help is appreciated,
> John

You are mixing apples and oranges (among other things). An element can't
be both float and absolute positioned. Putting the margin for the nav on
the li instead of the ul fixes (sort of) IE6 and IE7. The border
attribute is not valid with an xhtml 1.0 strict doctype. These and other
corrections are on the file
<http://www.chelseacreekstudio.com/ca/cssd/jk.html>.

Not to "rain on your parade" but you'll be more successful with CSS if
allow the software to do the work and embrace Web standards and
accessibility. Emulating a table-based layout and/or print media concept
in CSS is counter to what some of us cherish.

Best,
~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/