Luc wrote:
>  Good afternoon list,
>
>  I just encountered a strange phenomena (at least to me):
>
>  resizing the text in Fireworks and Moz, breaks up my navigation
>  (around increasing to 200% and up), while in Opera it holds up to
>  1000% and in IE up to "extra big".
>
>  I tried setting the general font rule to 100% but that didn't solve
>  it, tried setting the width of the #navcontainer to 9.5 ems but to no
>  avail...
>
>  What am i overlooking here?
>
>  http://www.dzinelabs.com/projects/MPT/Pages/index.php
>
>  http://www.dzinelabs.com/projects/MPT/Styles/MP.css

I have no idea what you are overlooking. Except maybe Opera handles
stuff different. And something movable (type) on top of something static
(an image) is problematic (except maybe in Opera, sometimes).

Did not try it, but...  try re-setting to 100% on the body, reducing the
font-size on the nav (and repeating the image on the nav y-axis)?

body {
 font : 100% Verdana, Geneva, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; <--- ::
re-set from 76% to 100%

#navcontainer li {
font-size: 80%; <---:: declare
background: url(../Images/navbackground.gif) repeat-y 0 0.1em; <---::
declare repeat-y instead of no-repeat

Best,

~dL

--