Mark Finney wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just redone a site for a friend using css instead of Java script as
> someone had done previously... could people have a look in different in
> different browsers?
>
> Also comments on the CSS would be appreciated since I am just learning it.
> I think I may need to use some kind of preloading technique as the roll over
> images were slow to load the first time I used it...
>
> My version can be found at: http://helpusmarry.co.uk/jessie/
> The original is at: http://www.jessieford.co.uk/
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> Mark

Mark, I am stumped. It is attractive. No question about that. But how to
use it is a mystery. I just don't get it. I am a little thick I think.
If I disable images I get a black screen. Best shot (for me) is to
instead simply disable CSS. Doing that I can see the illustrations all
on one page. If I were then to add a /text rather than an image/ title;
some content /text rather than an image/ stating who, what where, and
when; and a simple / text rather than an image/ navigation scheme, I
might then be able to move from one complete page of illustrations to
another complete page of /different/ illustrations.

I guess what I am trying to say is that you may not have a css issue --
but rather a problem of the need to provide more clues to what the site
is about and provision for a simple means to use it.

Best,

~dL

--
http://chelseacreekstudio.com/