William M Conlon wrote:
> I'm working on a new layout at http://new.ggfilms.com/
>
> using http://new.ggfilms.com/css/styles.css
>
> I have two sets of columns.  The upper set aligns vertically at the
> top with each other as desired.
>
> The lower set of columns is supposed to align at the bottom, with
> each other, and this is proving difficult for me.  I've adding
> padding-top to the right column in order to push it down to about the
> same bottom as the left column.
>
> The text in the two lower columns is not likely to change much, so I
> can live with the padding approach, but I'm curious if there is a
> better alternative.
>
> thanks.
>
> Bill

I am not sure if I understand what you're after. Or if this resolves the
issue.

As it stands div#bottom is not enclosing the floats contained within it.
One way to open it is to float it left or right:

div#bottom { background-color: fuchsia; float: left; } <--:: add to
enclose the floats

div#bot_address p{
margin: 0; <--:: add to bring p to the top of its enclosing container
padding-top: 20px; <--:: add to push p to the bottom of its enclosing
container
    float:left;
    font-size:.6em;
    line-height:1em;
    /*vertical-align:bottom;*/ <--:: not needed?
}
div#bot_nav {background-color: lime; <--test color
    float:right;
    text-align:right;
    font-size:.8em;
    padding-top:5em;
    }
You may need to clear those floats as the right float may drop with font
sizing.

When specifying em for font size, add html  {font-size: 100%;} to defeat
an em -sizing bug in  iE.

Best,

~dL

--