GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

I think you bring up a really important point, Caryn. The way a lot of
these organizations operate is through implication and intimidation. If
these people are implicated in this criminal activity, they are drawn in,
and they can be drawn in and blackmailed as you say, under the influence of
drugs, and under other kinds of influences.

WAYNE MORRIS:

This of course has profound implications for our society where we are
supposed to be electing public officials who will represent the public, but
really how healthy of a system can that be when these layers of blackmail
are happening right up the hierarchy.

CARYN STARDANCER:

It has always been this way. The stories I was told for example, by the
Dionysian Sect - the oldest laws ever passed against ritual abuse were
passed in Rome through Christ and they were made against the very
Dionysians Sects that were still in operation in the forties and fifties,
and which I assume are still in operation now.
The reason the laws were made against them was because at that time there
were citizens and then there were people who were not citizens
- and it was known that in the rituals there were sexual orgies, flaying
(skinning of people), flagellation, abuse and ritual rape of women and
children. That isn't why there were laws made against the groups - the laws
were made against the groups because of the practice of common commission
of crime for the purpose of political blackmail.

WAYNE MORRIS:

I would like to focus now on survivor issues, and what your experiences are
in terms of resources available for survivors, and how that has been
changing over the last ten years or so?

CARYN STARDANCER:

Well, compared to when I was in recovery, there are a lot of resources and
a lot of information. However when we first started making that recovery -
it was a lot better climate. Now there is the backlash, and the backlash is
having a very chilling effect on the availability of services in that even
a therapist who treats a survivor is running risks at this point of suit
under the guise of "alleged false memories". It is really difficult at this
point, although there are still resources available. As I said,
Survivorship has members all over the place, and we provide as much
information as possible and there are still people willing to take the risk
of providing treatment and giving information.

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

I would like to say that Survivorship is an excellent resource - a lot of
people I work with have found it, and I have found it to be a really
excellent resource. I am wondering Caryn if you could provide information
on how to contact you because Survivorship is one of the best sources of
information available today.

CARYN STARDANCER:

We have an address in San Francisco:  3181 Mission St. #139, San Francisco,
California, 94110. We also have e-mail  [EMAIL PROTECTED] and we have a
website  www.ctsserver.com/~svship

WAYNE MORRIS:

Can you describe what kind of issues you deal with, and what Survivorship
typically deals with in an issue.

CARYN STARDANCER:

Our focus is the use of belief systems and abuse together - members are
everyone from those who have experienced ritualistic torture, political
torture, religious torture, mind control, government mind control.
Basically it's across the board because our focus is to help people get out
of a traumatic conditioned response lifestyle.
The way we address it - it's a non-profit organization - we have a real
eclectic kind of approach - we talk about politics, we talk about recovery,
personal experience. We allow people the ability to do their art and their
writing. As well we have sections for teens, Gen-X, family members,
partners, children (survivors and children of survivors). We take a broad
approach - this type of abuse impacts every aspect of a person's humanity.
You have to address every aspect of that person in order to have healing.
And healing is what we are really interested in - freedom to experience
free will, a quality of life they may never have known.

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

I think fortunately the litigation in Canada has not gone so berserk as it
has in the States. In terms of litigation Canada tends to be more
conservative and there are fortunately more barriers to litigation.
Although I do think it's on the increase and we tend to be often about 10
years behind the US. I would say the backlash has had a tremendous effect -
an impact on therapists who are treating survivors and it certainly has had
an impact on survivors who are recalling this kind of abuse. As they
uncover what has happened to them, they have a certain kind of resistance
that is protective, to wanting to believe this themselves - so when the
environment is feeding back to them that this doesn't exist, or can't
exist, and there is all the false memory propaganda, as I like to call it -
in the media - I think it has quite a harmful impact on survivors.

On the other hand, one of the things that is happening with survivors is
that when they are able to network, when they are able to get good
information such as the information that is available in Survivorship -
then there's strengthening that occurs against the backlash as well. And I
know a number of very strong survivors speaking out against the false
memory foundation.

CARYN STARDANCER:

The wonderful thing about global communication at this point is now the
door is open and it can't be shut. Throughout history when the door has
been opened before, it has been pretty easy to shut. Essentially you would
have a few people talking, and a few people could be easily silenced, and
they had no way of knowing there were a few people in the next town, and a
few people in another country talking about the same thing. They cannot
silence us at this point. It is not possible.

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

I think also there are some legal cases where ritual abuse is involved, and
certainly in Canada there have been some prosecutions where ritual abuse
has been a component of the abuse that has been prosecuted successfully. We
had a big case in Prescott, Ontario where there have been signed
confessions around ritual activity.

CARYN STARDANCER:

I also think it is really fortunate that in Canada you had some press
coverage of some notorious cases - I am thinking of the Mt. Cashel - the
religious abuse in orphanages - and that was well publicized before the
backlash so it isn't that difficult for people to go 'wait a minute, this
really happened.' So when you have people coming along saying it doesn't
happen - it isn't quite as effective.

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

I think what has been really useful is when the cases are prosecuted on the
pornography rings - on the criminal activity that people know happen - and
when these kinds of child prostitution rings, child pornography rings -
when they are broken and when there is investigatiion into them and
successful prosecution - that really does help. I think there are more and
more investigations and prosecutions into those kinds of specific
concentrations of criminal activity.

CARYN STARDANCER:

i think one of the things that is pretty instructive though is to see, for
example in the United States I have seen newspapers practically side by
side at times - news reports about cult activity, notoriously during the
Branch Davidian disaster. There was another case with a small church in the
Bay area - torture - and at the same time, in the same paper - there were
false memory articles saying 'this didn't happen, this is all made up, this
never happens.' These things would be side by side and people still
wouldn't see it - and the thing that is interesting to me is that these are
people reading the paper who supposedly didn't even have mind control - the
denial is so pervasive the readers can almost have a split mind about it.
Without having forced dissociative systems.

WAYNE MORRIS:

People listening to this radio series have wondered about themselves, and
looked at their own lives, wondering if there has been any kind of abuse
that occurred during their own childhood. Are there any suggestions you can
give people with those questions in their minds?

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

This is one of those tricky areas the false memory people pounce on if you
talk about these things. There are a lot of indicators that somebody has
had an abusive history. Some of the indicators are panic attacks - and
within those panic attacks they are getting basically flashbacks which may
not be recognized as such of violence or sex and violence, and people in
black robes - basically what they are getting is fragments of memory that
have been dissociated suddenly surfacing. Certainly dissociation indicates
that there has been repeated trauma in somebody's life, so if someone finds
they are spacing out a lot - in other words, there are minutes, maybe hours
or maybe days of time they can't fully account for - with only vague
recollections - this is an indication that there has been some sort of
trauma in that person's life and it's probably a useful thing to get some
therapeutic help from someone who knows about dissociation. Certainly there
are other kinds of indicators - people who I have worked with have found
with have found strange things in their houses or apartments that they
can't account for. It may be something like blood for instance, or someone
left a glove behind, and they don't know where these things came from. This
doesn't mean that ritual abuse took place specifically - but if there are a
number of things that the person can't account for, and is confused about,
it's useful to start with help, I suggest, to try to understand what some
of the explanations might be. There are many many indicators that abuse has
occurred. It's a complex topic and it is part of the reason why it is so
difficult to counter the false memory quick media bites because
dissociation, traumatic memory, all of these things are quite a bit more
complex, and can't really be understood with a quick five second or even
five minute explanation.

WAYNE MORRIS:

This is Mr. Grant on the line. Do you have a question or a comment for a
panel.

CALLER:

This is from a book I bought in 1989 and read right through in 1990. I will
just read the blurb on the back, and I think you will get the picture. It's
by Louis Zamoski. It's called, "Behind the Facade of the Masonic Temple:
Masonry and financial capital, Masonry and the war machine, Masonry and
profit - when you lay bare such links, you also expose yourself to the risk
that your opponents will charge you
with simplification, but what will the reader say when he hears that the
basic law of the Masons central project is merely the law of profit, and
also the establishment of a world economic government. Who said so? A
Marxist, an anti-Masonic scribbler? Far from it. Those words came from
Licio Gelli, friend and supporter and a member of the P-2 Lodge, writer
Pierre Capri. Pierre Capri explains that the point concerns placing society
under control of particular corporations which identify themselves with an
economic power. At the same time, directly or indirectly, they are also
identified with political powers."  This was published by Progress
Publishers in 1989 in Moscow. If you remember that was the year of the
so-called collapse of Communism. That's all I have to say. I agree with all
of this I have just read.

WAYNE MORRIS:

Great. Thank you for your comments Mr. Grant. I think you have raised an
important point here. We have been hearing allegations against the Masonic
Lodge, generally high-ranking members. Their historical positions in
society have been quite formidable. We are going to go to another caller now.

CALLER:

It's more of a question. I have a close friend who is involved in the Emin
Society. Is anyone knowledgeable of that?

WAYNE MORRIS:

I'm not.

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

What can you tell us about it?

CALLER:

It's a group in London, England that is operating here in Toronto and the
members donate $160 per month for the ability to go and hear dissertations
on how the establishment is not really a source of truth, or the true
establishment. I am really just calling to get an authoritative view on
that if you are knowledgeable about it. Perhaps my question is misguided.

WAYNE MORRIS:

We can't help. I don't know if Caryn has heard of that group -
(Emin Society. (Caryn hadn't heard of it either.)

One other thing I wanted to touch on is what is the importance of spiritual
healing to somebody who had undergone ritual abuse, and really have been
spiritually abused.

CARYN STARDANCER:

My feeling is that all abuse impacts spiritually. The vast majority of
survivors that I have talked with and know, feel that spiritual healing is
one of the most important parts; however there are some survivors who feel
they really don't want to deal with this at all,
having had this type of abuse. But statistically most people feel that it
is one of the most important parts of their healing although it may be one
of the later stages. It really depends on the person.

GAIL FISHER-TAYLOR:

I would agree with that. It can be very frightening to deal with the
spiritual abuse and I think that spirituality has to be interpreted in a
very broad sense. A lot of survivors of ritual abuse have been abused in an
organized religious context and are very afraid to get involved in that
aspect of spirituality. Although there are many other ways they find
spiritual healing possible - often outside of the context of organized
religion, and are interpreting spirituality in a very broad and open sense.

WAYNE MORRIS:

I believe Alex is on the line.

ALEX:

i kind of wanted to go back to the caller who made the reference to
Masonry. There is something I would like to clarify about that whole
position. I think it is important to point out that Masonry as it is
popularly understood here in North America and throughout most of Europe is
not the Masonry that the previous gentleman was referring to. He was
referring to a particular like Black Lodge type of Masonry called the P-2
in Italy and I understand that there is somewhat of a sinister Lodge in
France. But the Masonry that is basically stretched throughout the rest of
the world - Grand Lodge or Blue Lodge Masonry - has really nothing to do
with mind control or cult activity or anything of that sort. So I think it
is good to get that out there because a lot of people might get that
confused and think that well maybe their Uncle or their Grandfather or even
perhaps their Father was engaged in some sort of mind control practice
which is complete and utter rubbish.

WAYNE MORRIS:

The reference to the P-2 Lodge, Propaganda Due Lodge in Italy is an illegal
branch of the Masonic Lodge.

ALEX:

Hold on. This is the point I am trying to bring up though. Masonry as it is
constituted in North America and throughout most of the world falls under
the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge which is in England in the U.K. Now the
Lodges in France and the Lodges in Italy have basically been blackballed by
the Grand Lodge in England because of its nefarious activities. They are
formal and separate organizations. It might be perhaps back in the 1750's
that at one time they were all together under one roof, but for about the
past 200 hundred years they have been separate organizations. And Masonry,
like for instance the Masonic Temple down there on Yonge Street, you know
the one I mean - that sort of Masonry has nothing to do with the type of
Masonry that gets involved in all these political industries.

WAYNE MORRIS:

I am afraid I would have to disagree with you in the respect that we have
heard allegations from across North America alleging that they have been
abused in a ritual abuse context or sexually abused by high ranking Masons
of the same Scottish Rite and the York Rite of the mainstream Masonry. Now
that is not to say that all Masons are engaged in this type of activity -
in fact I would think that the majority are not, and have no knowledge of
it. But we have heard allegation after allegation of high ranking Masons in
these organizations who are engaged in this type of activity.

Thank you very much for your comments caller. I am afraid we are going to
have wrap it up. We are actually over time in our panel discussion. I would
like to thank both Caryn Stardancer and Gail Fisher-Taylor very much for
participating in our panel discussion.

           <= we're not machines you know =>
      +++ we're not going to fall over in rows +++

              Dr. King - On The Beach - 1959

                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                     www.aches-mc.org