-Caveat Lector-

From: "Mike Ruppert" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

THERE WILL BE NO HEARINGS ON VOLUME II IN THE HOUSE PERMANENT SELECT
COMMITTEE ON INTELLIGENCE IN FEBRUARY

11:53 AM - Tues, Jan, 5, 1998

Los Angeles - Just minutes ago I hung up after speaking with a source on the
House Permanent Select committee on Intelligence (HPSCI). The source stated
that, contrary to previously published reports in The San Jose Mercury News,
it would not be possible for HPSCI to hold hearings on Volume II any sooner
than February. The cited reasons for this are telling.

The Committee is not yet constituted and there are several key vacancies.
Ranking Democrat Norman Dicks (D), Washington has rotated out of the
Committee after eight years. This was mandatory. Jane Harman (R) CA, left
the House to run for Governor and Congressman David Skaggs (D), CO has
retired.

These vacancies leave open the possibility for serious and important
developments. The Ranking Democratic member will wield enormous influence
and will, next to the Chairman (retired CIA operative Porter Goss), have a
lot to say about the scope and nature of the hearings on Vol. II. The new
ranking member will be chosen by House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt who
will, no doubt, consult with President Clinton beforehand.

Wish List: Maxine Waters as a new member of the Committee. Better yet - as
ranking member!

Given the pressure already placed on the Committee by public pressure to
hold well publicized hearings with a reasonable witness list I now think it
unlikely that HPSCI will hold hearings at all before the planned April 29th
demonstration at Florence and Normandie.

My story on the Calculus of Impeachment including CIA drug dealing has been
picked up by the Progressive Review www.prorev.com and apparently the Drudge
report as well. I had four visitors to my web site, www.copvcia.com,  this
AM from the drudge page. The progressive review has added additional
material making my scenario even more likely and credible.

That story is producing the biggest "AHA!" I have ever heard from both the
left and the right. A lot of people are now actually reading Vol. II.

Remember that the Bully Pulpit can, at any time, draw attention to Volume
II. So can the people if they put their mind to it.

Mike Ruppert
www.copvcia.com