-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From: Allan Favish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Newsgroups: alt.current-events.clinton.whitewater
Date: Thursday, January 14, 1999 9:25 PM
Subject: Tripp Depo Excerpt

Excerpt from Linda Tripp Deposition, Jan. 13, 1999, session; found at
http://www.judicialwatch.org

632
       1     right here.
       2               THE WITNESS:  What page?
       3               BY MR. GAFFNEY:
       4          Q    Let's see, page 361.  Starting on
       5     line 14, do you see that Mr. Klayman asked
       6     you the question, is it your belief that
       7     Foster and Kennedy took orders from Hillary
       8     Clinton, do you believe that?  I objected.
       9     Then you answer yes; do you see that?
      10          A    Yes.
      11          Q    Can you recall any specific orders
      12     that Mrs. Clinton gave to Mr. Foster or
      13     Mr. Kennedy?
      14          A    Well, the question was is it your
      15     belief.
      16          Q    I understand that, I understand
      17     it's your belief.
      18          A    So I'm telling you that to this
      19     day, it is my belief that specifically Vince
      20     Foster and Bill Kennedy worked for
      21     Mrs. Clinton.  Was it on a wiring diagram so
      22     indicating, no, it was not.
                                                             633
       1          Q    I understand your testimony.  My
       2     question is whether you recall any specific
       3     orders that Mrs. Clinton gave either of those
       4     two individuals?
       5          A    I remember an order having to do
       6     with the firing of the Travel Office from
       7     Mrs. Clinton to Mr. Foster, yes.
       8          Q    What was that order?
       9          A    In handwriting on a memo in
      10     Mrs. Clinton's hand signed HRC, which said,
      11     we need our people out, out underlined -- we
      12     need these people out, out underlined, we
      13     need our people in, in underlined, HRC.
      14               That was on a memo and it is
      15     something that I discussed with Phil Larson,
      16     actually, during the time that he, contacted
      17     me when he was working on a House Committee
      18     looking into the Travel Office.
      19          Q    Other than that instance, are you
      20     aware of any other?
      21          A    I can only tell you what I observed
      22     with Craig Livingstone, Bill Kennedy and
                                                             634
       1     Vince Foster and I reiterate that --
       2          Q    You've testified to that?
       3          A    I'm sorry?
       4          Q    Is that what you testified to?
       5               MR. KLAYMAN:  Objection.  Let her
       6     answer.
       7               BY MR. GAFFNEY:
       8          Q    You can answer.
       9          A    Well, you can tell me if I have
      10     already.  I believe I have stated in the past
      11     that it was my belief that these individuals
      12     had a direct line of communication with
      13     Mrs. Clinton and did not seem to have that
      14     same interaction with the immediate office.
      15               Our office certainly did.  I'm
      16     speaking of these three individuals
      17     specifically.

--

Regards,

Allan J. Favish