-Caveat Lector-

Howard R. Davis III wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> Kris Millegan wrote:
> >

> > NATIONAL
> > The 'responsibility era'
> >
> > Undeclared GOP presidential frontrunner, Texas Gov. George Bush, talks
> > about his cultural plan of attack
> >
> > By Cal Thomas
> > He fears an economic slowdown because of the Federal Reserve's
> > "stretching fiscal policy by lowering [interest] rates to the point
> > where there
> >
> > may not be enough incentive for consumption."
> >

> Does this make sense to anyone? It seems to me that if the Fed lowers
> interest rates there is more money in the economy and thus more
> incentive for consumption. Anybody disagree with that?
>
> Howard Davis

      Yes, here's why....     40 central banks all over the world hve lowered
interst rates and begun to reinflate since Oct. Reinflation is depreciation of
money by running the printing presses(25% increase in MZM money supply by the
FED.) It is a policy undertaken by gov. and central banks to ward off deflation,
debt paralysis, electoral defeat and bear markets. There is a problem however,
once major deflation gets going, lowering interest rates and pumping up the money
supply doesn't always work. For instance-Japan has had low interest rates for
years and it hasn't helped. From mid-sept. to mid-dec., Japan expanded its money
supply at an incredible 78.7% annual rate and it did virtually nothing to stop
deflation (or start inflation) or to jump-start the economy. Low interest rates
don't stop a depression as we found out in the 30s and Japan has learned. They
don't stop deflation or solve the excess capacity problem, and they don't make
overextended lenders lend more. The creation of several hundred billion dollars
(or more) of new liquidity by the FED cannot prop up a 125 trillion dollar debt
pyramid-at least not for much longer.
            Does that help or not? Barley