-Caveat Lector-

"Howard R. Davis III" wrote:

>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> American Patriot Friends Network wrote:
> >
> > Subject: CFR Senators Vote To Acquitt or CFR Senators Vote To Approve
> >      Jury Nullification
> > Date: Fri, 12 Feb 1999 16:44:06 -0700
> > From: Elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: roundtable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Real-To:  Elder <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > Roundtable:
> >
> > Just thought I'd try to see some positive
> > use of this most negative outcome. It
> > appears the LEGISLATIVE TRIBUNALS
> > have confirmed that the jury can judge the
> > law as well as the facts, or at least apply
> > the law when they choose to.
> >
> > Otherwise, legislators must be seen as
> > misprisions.
> >

>    I agree. We must use this as a way to explain the concept of jury
> nullification. Everyone knows that Clinton broke the law. The facts are
> pretty well known. However, the senate voted to ignore the facts and
> instead judge the law. Their judgment seems to be that the law should
> not cover these indiscretions and thus can be ignored. Similarly, those
> of us who believe that some of the laws which the legislatures have
> passed are not good laws are free to judge the law as well as the facts
> in any case in which we may be called to act as jurors. We can now use
> the precedent set by the Senate for our justification. If jury
> nullification is good for the high and mighty, it is also good for the
> low and meek.
>
> Howard Davis

It has been used by the low and the meek. The lowest of the low I
might
add. All the racial crimes against Blacks in the South where white
killers
got off by an all white jury, were jury nullification.

The Simpson case was jury nullification as well as several murder
trials
where Blacks were the killers and were shown to be such. Partial or
all
Black juries refused to convict even where there were admissions of
guilt
and eye witnesses.

Jury nullification was a Libertarian concept to give people power to
offset
the power of government in the courts. Like most Libertarian concepts,
it's
idiotic and unrealistic. All the examples of jury nullification that
I'm
aware of have been miscarriages of justice. I can't think of a single
one
where the government suffered from jury nullification. If someone
knows of
one please post it.

The Senate trial was a sham. It did what it was supposed to do. The
Senate,
an elite club of corrupt millionaires and businessmen, was designed by
an
elite club of millionaires and businessmen, to be a last bastion of
defense
for the status quo. The status quo being that plutocracy is the real
form
of government in the United States, and was designed to stay that way.

It's not hard to understand really. Normally both sides compete for
the
Presidency. But both sides have a lock on the major institutions,
effectively
keeping out all other players. What you have seen is a genuine dirty
fight
among the elite class. Most of them understood that it is not to their
benefit
or that of their corporate owners to make it easy to remove a
president. Guilty
or not. It's insurance on their huge investments in politics. It is
unacceptable
to the rulers of America to spend billions and billions of dollars
corrupting
American democracy and have their flunkies removed by anything as
trivial as
the law. The issue was never sex. The game was never played out as
bribery or
treason. Elite history is one of bribery and treason. Clinton knew he
was safe.
NO ONE TOUCHED BRIBERY AND TREASON. They all knew it could bring down
all of
them.

There is no way out for us. We can't vote our way out. We can't buy
our way
out. They have left no options but non participation ( strikes,
boycotts, etc.)
or violent revolt. The Rich own all the options.

This situation has come about because there is no offset to the
concentration
of wealth glorified in this sick culture.

Joshua2