-Caveat Lector-

A point from below worth emphasizing:

"We have forgotten that democracy is a dangerous business. Built into
the Constitution is the notion that a free people should thwart its
leaders if necessary. This is our duty, the price of our freedom.
Leaders hate to be thwarted; it is in the nature of power to
consolidate itself."

May we remember.  May we no longer be silent...