--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

I can't verify anything in a legal sense. The Lt. told me that 'X'
told him..so it is all hearsay. The Washington Post article is
January 20, 2002, and probably easily verifiable.

Lt. Vreeland gave clues that his main
contact/control was Jack Punches. From the memorial pages:
   U.S. Navy Capt. (Ret.) Jack Punches worked in the Pentagon as
deputy head, Navy Interagency Support Branch.
   He earned a B.S. degree from Missouri University, an M.S. from the
Naval War College and an M.S. from Salve Regina in International
Relations. Designated a Naval aviator in 1975, he was assigned to NAS
Jacksonville, Fl. After three deployments he served as an instructor
pilot. In 1982, he reported to VPU-1 (Special Projects) in Brunswick,
Me. After two years of intelligence duties, he reported to the Navy
War College. After graduation, he served as a maintenance officer. He
joined the Fleet Logistics Support Squadron in Sicily as the
executive officer in 1989. He assumed command of VR-24 in 1991 and
deployed to Saudi Arabia in support of Operations Desert Storm/
Desert Shield. In 1992, he reported to United Command as chief,
airborne operations. In 1995, he became head of Navy Counterdrug in
the office of Chief of Naval Operations and special assistant to the
Under Secretary of the Navy. In 1996, he served as deputy director,
Operations and Interagency Support division. He retired in 2000 and
worked for Blue Stone Consulting of Alexandria, Va. Later that year
he returned to the Navy as a senior civilian employee at the Navy
Interagency Support Branch...
:::::::::

Note, 1995, "head of Navy Counterdrug in the office of Chief of Naval
Operations." The CNO then would have been Adm. Boorda (and Lt.
Vreeland supposedly an operative.) According to the Lt., Jeremy
Boorda was extremely displeased with the CIA using his naval ships
and submarines to smuggle drugs. Beyond that President Clinton had
some very shady dealings with the Chinese that may have qualified as
treason. If so the investigation would be the CNO's responsibility.
Vreeland, who considered both Clinton and Bush Sr. to be criminals,
described Boorda as "not a bad guy".

My *guess* for the other contact was:
::::::
CDR William H. Donovan, Jr., USN
CDR Donovan was assigned as the OPNAV N-513 Strategy & Concepts
Action Officer. His prior assignments include VP-11, VP-31, Naval
Post Graduate School, CVN-73, VP-1, and OPNAV N-512 (Policy and
Doctrine).
:::::::
Another possibility is:
::::::
Otis V. Tolbert
   U.S. Navy Lt. Cmdr. Otis V. Tolbert, 38, wrote intelligence
briefings for the chief of naval operations in the Pentagon...
::::::
or, another intelligence briefer but lower ranked:
::::::
LT Jonas P. Panik, USN
LT Jonas was assigned as the Flag Intelligence Briefer, Chief of
Naval Operations Intelligence Plot (CNO-IP).  His prior assignments
include Office of Naval Intelligence and VP-46.
::::::::

The most mysterious death in the Naval Command Center on 9/11 was Lt.
Darin Pontell, but at 26, he only graduated as an Intel officer in
1998. From Carol Valentine:
DARIN PONTELL CALLS HOME FROM THE GRAVE According to the Washington
Post, January 20, 2002, "The Last Watch," (front page, Style
section), the entire chain of command of the super secret Chief of
Naval Operations Intelligence Plot (CNO-IP) were killed in the
September 11 attack on the Pentagon. One of the victims was Darin
Pontell, who worked in CNO-IP. The Post reported that two days after
the attack, Darin's parents were still hoping Darin was alive. Here
is an excerpt from "The Last Watch," Washington Post, January 20,
2001, pg.F1. "'Where'd I put my cell phone? Where is it?' Marilyn
Pontell, Darrin's mother, grew frantic looking for her purse. Her
Nokia was chiming 'Take Me Out to the Ball Game.' "Marilyn would be
sick if she missed that call. Maybe it was news about her son. maybe
it was Darin himself. "Two days later, Marilyn and Gary Pontell still
hoped their youngest boy had been spared. Gathered at Darin and
Devora's apartment in Gaithersburg on Thursday afternoon, they could
barely process the idea that he was dead . . . "Navy officials gave
garbled reports: One person said someone who looked like Darin walked
from the scene. Somebody else claimed he was working far away, in the
A-Ring. An officials said they couldn't find his Acura Integra in the
Pentagon lot ... "The Nokia sang again, then silence. Too late. when
she finally got to the phone, Marilyn scrolled through the menu. One
missed call: 1:57 p.m. No message. But the incoming number was
clearly identified. It was Darin's. "My God, maybe he was alive. "For
five more days, they waited. On Sept. 18, the Navy informed the
Pontells that Darin's body had been positively identified. His cell
phone was never returned to the family. They presume it was never
found. Perhaps the flip-phone had somehow dialed Marilyn's number
when the rubble shifted. But didn't all cell phones have to be turned
off upon entry into the CNO-IP [Chief of Naval Operations
Intelligence Plot]? "The FBI offered a one-word explanation for that
call: 'anomaly.'"

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "better_off_said

-Home Page- www.cia-drugs.org
OM