-Caveat Lector-

This writer hits the nail on the head.  I still think Bush is
sociopathic.
~Joe

Bush to America: "Who Cares What You Think?"
 http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/03/02/06_Whocares.html

BUZZFLASH READER COMMENTARY
by Daniel Gilbert

President Bush does not want the American public to forget
that "Saddam Hussein is a homicidal dictator who is addicted to
weapons of mass destruction." That being said, Mr. Bush is looking a
lot like his adversary these days...

Whether it began in April 2002 when President Bush told a reporter,"I
made up my mind that Saddam needs to go," is uncertain. It is
doubtful, however, that the omnipotent "I" reared its ugly head for
the first time that day. It certainly was not the last.

>From the earliest days of the Bush administration, those with views
contrary to the Bush agenda understood it would be a very long four
years. When given the rare opportunity to express such objections, a
Philadelphia journalist was rebuffed by the President, who, while
still smiling, said in complete seriousness, "Who cares what you
think?"

Bush's perception of himself as exalted leader whose decisions are
beyond reproach suggests a severe detachment from reality. "...I do
not need to explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing
about being the President. Maybe somebody needs to explain to me why
they say something, but I don't feel like I owe anybody an
explanation...." Thus, when President Bush decided that Saddam
Hussein had to be removed as leader of the Iraqi government, he
foresaw no obstacles blocking his path.

President Bush threatened United States military intervention under
the auspice that United Nations weapons inspectors had not been
allowed to work within Iraq since 1998, a violation under Security
Council Resolution 1441. Thankfully Iraq relented, two days before a
UN November 15 deadline, that they would allow weapons inspectors to
return to Iraq and resume their duties. The standoff between Iraq and
the United States continued, however, as the United States deployed
both troops and warships to the Gulf. When the question was raised by
a reporter if the United States was going to war against Iraq,
President Bush indignantly responded, "You say we're headed to war. I
don't know why you suggested that. I'm the person who gets to decide,
and not you." President Bush once again grasped power by the neck and
brutally choked it with reckless disregard.

The United Nations continually pushed for more time to let weapon
inspections work, hoping for a peaceful resolution. Iraq, while not
contributing one hundred percent, is, as a defeated nation does,
offering their assistance with sad and beaten passivity. The United
States, led by President Bush's daily rhetoric, continues to push for
the use of force against Iraq -- recently announcing a plan
to "secure" the oil fields. President Bush has said, "I will let you
know when the moment has come [speaking about time running out on
Iraq]." The Nobel Peace Prize can not be far off now.

"I'm willing to give peace a chance." This final statement by
President Bush reveals much more than one might think. Mr. Bush is
simply placating the world by his willingness to give peace a chance.
Is Mr. Bush the hero or the villain? Is Mr. Bush ending the
confrontation or inciting one? President Bush says he is willing.
President Bush is probably the most powerful man in the world and he
is only willing to give peace a chance. This will not do. President
Bush must do more! He must find a way to create peace. He must find a
way to help peace endure. He must do this for all Americans. He must
do this for all Iraqis. He must do this for all people everywhere.

President Bush, there is no "I" in WORLD PEACE.

Daniel Gilbert
Rockford, Illinois

________
Sources:

"Who cares what you think?"
Who Cares What You Think? (also His Gift To Us)
Bush thumbs his nose at the rest of the world; can you blame them for
hating us?
March 14, 2002; Alan Bisbort, American Politics Journal

"I'm the commander, I do not need to explain why I say things. That's
the interesting thing about being the President. Maybe somebody needs
to explain to me why they say something, but I don't feel like I owe
anybody an explanation...."
George Bush: I do not need to explain why I say things
20 November 2002; Bob Woodward, The Washington Post

"You say we're headed to war. I don't know why you suggested that,"
he said. "I'm the person who gets to decide, and not you."
Bush says North Korea problem can be resolved diplomatically; not so
sure about Iraq
Tue Dec 31, 2:39 PM ET; RON FOURNIER, AP White House Correspondent

"I made up my mind that Saddam needs to go," Bush hinted to a British
reporter at the time. "That's about all I'm willing to share with
you."
U.S. Decision On Iraq Has Puzzling Past
Opponents of War Wonder When, How Policy Was Set
Sunday, January 12, 2003; Page A01; Glenn Kessler, Washington Post
Staff Writer

"I will let you know when the moment has come."
Bush Dismisses Calls for More Time for Iraq
Tue Jan 21, 8:28 PM ET; Steve Holland and Andrew Hammond, Reuters

"Saddam Hussein is a homicidal dictator who is addicted to weapons of
mass destruction."
President Bush Outlines Iraqi Threat
October 7, 2002, 8:02 P.M. EDT ; Office of the Press Secretary

"I'm willing to give peace a chance."
Bush: U.N. Should Have Chance to Resolve Iraq Crisis
Friday, September 27, 2002; Fox News/AP