-Caveat Lector-

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A1027-
2003Mar20.html

Sarandon's Mom, Getting Battle Support

• Self-described "rabid" Republican Lenora Tomalin, the 79-year-old
mother of left-wing actress Susan Sarandon, has been getting her
15 minutes since Tuesday's item about her stout support for
President Bush and the war against Saddam Hussein -- and her
lament that her famous daughter doesn't respect her enough.

Radio and television stations have been calling to interview her, and
friends and neighbors have been offering congratulations. "A lot of
good has come out of it," she told us yesterday.

Yesterday morning, Florida Gov. Jeb Bush phoned Tomalin at home
in Lakeland, Fla., to offer his help in arranging a tour of the White
House on her next trip to Washington sometime in May. "Jeb said,
'We're going to make sure you get a very good visit,' " Tomalin said.

She added that her eldest daughter's companion, actor Tim
Robbins, also called -- but apparently that conversation wasn't as
happy.

"I didn't talk to Susan, but I did hear from Tim, let's just leave it at
that," Tomalin said. "I know there's a war on, but let's just say I'm in
the middle of my own private war."

Robbins, the father of three of Tomalin's 19 grandchildren, declined
to comment yesterday. But Bush told us through a spokeswoman: "I
called to thank her for supporting the president and for supporting
me on my last campaign. She's a great American."

Scanned by Norton AntiVirus

http://archive.jab.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
 <A HREF="http://archive.jab.org/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/">ctrl</A>