-Caveat Lector-

Let me get this straight. The list directions ban any discussion about
whether the TV/Hollywood version of the Holocaust are true and accurate,
but the list allows members to assert the disproven contention that Zyklon
B was used to gas people en masse during World War II. Has anyone on this
list ever heard of the Leuchter report? This is real scientific research,
and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the buildings being passed off
as gas chambers at Auschwitz and several of the other camps were devoid of
traces of any poison gas. (This is not deny that millions were abused and
treated unjustly, and killed unjustly, during WWII by Hilter's Nazi regime.
I always say that even one person killed unjustly is too many, especially
if it is you.) Put for a list claiming to be involved in serious inquiry of
history, it seems to me that you either have to ban all discussion of a
subject, or to allow rational discussion of that subject from all sides.
Would anyone care to further explain this list's position on that point?

On Monday, December 07, 1998 12:26 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] wrote:
>  -Caveat Lector-
>
> In a message dated 12/6/98 7:18:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> writes:
>
> << However, don't believe all the documents that are posted in a place
like
> this
>  list.  Yes, i enjoy the list and some of the folks on it including you.
>  also appreciate receiving information not otherwise available.  But when
some
>  of the various sources on this list feed you slander against the pope,
>  "documented" all over the place, be more than a bit wary.  For one
thing,
> some
>  members of this list are haters by their nature.  They don't really hate
the
>  pope or Catholics generally, or Jews, or foreigners.  By particularizing
> their
>  rage, these haters are able to intellectualize their venom and spin
fantastic
>  webs of pseudo history to make themselves appear sane.
>
>  There are some perfectly fine people on this list and there are some
ravenous
>  wolves.
>
>  Take care
>  Jerry Harp >>
>
> Here is my take on this.  Some have said that the current Pope, John Paul
II
> was indeed a worker in a plant that produced Zyklon B, the stuff the
German's
> used to kill Jews and other undesireables ( along with other more
imaginative
> means) before becoming a priest.  This is an allegation, and I'm unsure
as to
> documentation.
> Now that said, I would like to point out, that Jerry has a good point.
 Don't
> believe everything you read here, some of it is just garbage, even some
of
> what I post will inevitably show itself to be trash (but it won't stop me
from
> posting !!).  Try to uncover as much on your own as possible to allow you
> come to a decision regarding whether something you have read is true or
not.
> The problem that Jerry has, if I may deduce from his post, is that he
just
> refuses to believe that the Pope could possibly have done such a thing.
 This