-Caveat Lector- http://www.prisonplanet.com/analysis_barksdale.html

Where For Art Though, Jessica?
By Ian Barksdale

Greg Lynch said his daughter's memory is good, despite media reports that she suffered from amnesia.

``Her memory is as good as it was when she was home,'' he said. ``She can still remember everything.'' But, the family has not pressed her for details.

Where for art thou, Jessica? I know we will see something like "The Real Jessica Lynch" story on TV very soon, but when exactly will we hear her story? The only one most Americans can trust? Americans may (but most likely haven't) have heard of the Iraqi doctors and nurses, 20 of them interviewed by an AP reporter, who was trying to corroborate the BBC story that sparked the controversy. They told about how they were fired at with guns but no bullets, they offered the commandos keys to doors, which were refused, as they kicked them down, crack house busting style. They told about the injuries which Jessica had, which they treated. Bruises and abrasions and other auto accident related trauma. Directly refuting the official story that she was in a firefight, and faught until the bitter end, when instead of the Iraqis killing her after she had valiantly killed a bunch of their comrades, they peacefully accepted her surrender.

More importantly, how can this young woman be in a medical hospital in Washington DC and not in one, if she still needs to be in the hospital after more than two months have passed since her injuries, back in West Virginia where her family would be within easy traveling distance to? It's impossible that her condition could allow her to fly from Iraq to Germany to Washington, and then somehow be unable to travel the 300 or so miles (as the crow flies) to Palestine, WV to be cared for much closer to home, and with the close, emotional support of her family nearby. If the Washington DC doctors need assistance with treating Jessica Lynch, perhaps we could have a tele-conference for them with the doctors from the Iraqi hospital?

``We're really not supposed to talk about that subject,'' her father, Greg Lynch, said during a news conference at the family's rural West Virginia home. ``It's still an ongoing investigation and we can't talk about nothing like that.''

What is this man talking about? My daughter joins the Army, to become a Army of One, whatever that is supposed to mean. It makes me long for the marginally meaningful Be All That You Can Be. Anyway, she's got no hope for college, don't have the money, old story in our society, she goes to learn a career and gets injured in a war.

She's supposed to have been shot and stabbed. I don't know if I am able to tell if she has because when I visit her in the hospital, I'm told not to ask about the nature of my daughter's injuries. I can't talk to reporters about what happened to my daughter, but I can let slip out that she doesn't have amnesia. She's got all the details, the family hasn't pressed her, which is fine. Former prisoners of war need some time, like any survivor of a situation in wartime is going to need some time to recoup mentally, that's for sure. Is there any of us out there, when listening to this man speak of his daughter, that does not beleive he has been told explicitly NOT to talk or ask questions about what has happened? He is telling us this as explicitly as they told him what to do.

She doesn't have amnesia so when she is ready, she will be able to tell us the truth. Will that happen? Will she be allowed to let that happen? Will any of us know about it when she does? Will we have moved on to other stories to be played every five minutes on the five mintues, like the Saddam statue falling again, and again, and again. Then Jessica being saved, again, and again, and again. It's like CNN was a skipping record that day. Absolutely nothing else in the world happened on TV news for those two days.

We've had so many of these "two days" where nothing else happens on TV news except what we are presented with ad naseaum for our proper consumption. Only eating what is good for us. A man can tell us he has been told not to talk about his daughter or ask questions about her and it will slip right through us. Our attention is elsewhere right now. Not in a lone, buried Associated Press article.

www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.