-Caveat Lector-

WHO IS HOGGING ALL THE SPACE?

SEPTEMBER 5, 2004. For the last 20 years, I've watched a truly
depraved phenomenon in the so-called alternative press, which press
has expanded to include websites and message boards and chats and so
on.

The analysis of 9/11 has made this situation even worse.

I'm not interested in naming names or throwing daggers. The basic
assumptions, however, are these:

ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOU MUST BE A CIA PLANT.

CERTAIN FIGURES IN THE ALTERNATIVE PRESS ARE HOGGING ALL THE AVAILABLE
AND PRECIOUS SPACE.

CERTAIN CONSPIRACY THEORIES ARE NOT ONLY TOO FAR OUT, THEY SHOULD BE
SQUELCHED, BECAUSE THEY GIVE "THE MOVEMENT" A BAD NAME.

Generated from these ASSUMPTIONS, we get furious debate which quickly
degenerates into name calling and lies about people, and borders on
slander.

In other words, people who are researching alternative news try to
smash each other over the head.

It resembles little kids on the playground who are out of control.

In the case of 9/11 alt. analysis, there is no MOVEMENT in the
ordinary sense of the word. There are no elected or appointed or
self-appointed leaders of large numbers of people. There are many
independent researchers who are trying to figure out what actually
happened prior to, and during, and after 9/11.

There is no set limit on AVAILABLE SPACE. The Internet provides plenty
of space. And if a few people have become more prominent in that space
than others, so what?

The goal should be to come up with the very best information about 9/11.

To nail it down.

Civil discussion, reasoned debate is good. But screaming doesn't get it done.

As readers of this site know, I've presented 9/11 as a planned op of
major complexity. Any big op---when analyzed---has a number of
components, and different people are going to focus on different
aspects.

Forensic evidence.

Who covered up the op.

What lies were told.

Who planned it.

Who executed it.

What false trails were laid down.

Who benefits.

Among independent researchers, there will be those who concentrate on
getting into the mainstream. They give talks, they hold press
conferences, they stage rallies. Such people are not always the most
complete researchers. They don't have to be. They want to move the big
rock of ignorance if they can.

If you look, from a distance, at the JFK assassination, you will be
able to view a huge spread of people who have gone at that event with
various positive goals. It's what always happens.

When I did my initial stint on the AIDS op almost 20 years ago, I ran
into alt. researchers who had come up with conclusions about the scam
that were different from mine. For the most part, we didn't chew on
each other. In fact, several of us eventually realized we were all
feeling different parts of the big elephant, and since AIDS was not
one condition, we all had something to say about what "it" was.

The few lame attacks that were made against me didn't come from the
mainstream. They came from people in "the alternative community" who
were generally pissed off about everything under the sun and thought
that THE AVAILABLE SPACE FOR DISSIDENT OPINION was limited.

They were obsessed with scarcity. They were sure they couldn't get a
foot in the door because I was blocking it.

I wasn't blocking anything.

This relates to a very small minority of emails I've gotten over the
years from people who demand that I cover some story or another. These
few folks kept coming back and back with their emails on the same
subject.

My response was usually: hey, dude, start your own website.

It rarely happened.

Their agenda was of another kind. At the root? THERE ISN'T ENOUGH SPACE.

Bullshit.

A corollary of the no-space assumption: if people with "bad research"
get to be well-known, no one will believe the truth.

You might be surprised at how many people believe that one.

I'm sorry to break the news, but getting to be well-known is a
function of very hard work.

If the wrong people are the most well-known, then it is the job of
other people to trump them with harder work and better facts.

Sure, there are people in the mix of any op aftermath who are plants.
They're there to spread cover stories and ridiculous lies, and to
discredit honest researchers. But the way out of that, in the long
run, is better facts and harder work.

You might be able to expose some of these plants for what they are,
but that isn't going to carry the main water.

JON RAPPOPORT www.nomorefakenews.com

www.ctrl.org