Ran across this on the web, and is a treasure on information on the Ring
and the Legend....Tannhauser.....

But Nurmberg.....here we have the NATO Nations being esorted and the
heralds paying trumpets  - the music of Wagner - entittled "Welcome to
Wartburg".....so, that is what it is all about.

The Spear of Destiny - was the spear that pierced the side of Christ;
this spear is now piercing the side of Yugoslavia, and her blood flows
in the streets.....

General George Patton knew what Hitler saw when he held the Spear of
Destiny;  and he felt the power and dipped into the future into a new
world.

Clinton will take us back to the Dark Ages where once again, Goliath
will probably be slain by a David with a big rock....

The interesting information re Wagner; but the Ring sat in our White
House eating dinner, while the Balkans burned like the Reichstag....

Oh that is right, they burned down the Reichstag; but they just recently
dedicated a new one.

Do you think Wagner will ever replace Home Sweet Home or Home on the
Range; I doubt it..I wonder what the Ring at that night for dinner - and
do you realize how many people went to bed hungry that night,,,,,even
after eating the crumbs from their table.

Colleen

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/mythlinks.html