-Caveat Lector- VIDEO: Bush's Katrina sidekick says levees sabotaged

< http://www.total411.info/2006/08/video-bushs-katrina-sidekick-says.html >
< http://youtube.com/watch?v=fWO_mqYs1QQ >

Rocky Vaccarella, who traveled to DC to heap praise upon GW Bush, says on MSNBC's Hardball that he thinks the levees were sabotaged under the cover of Hurricane Katrina!

Here's a transcript of the relevant remarks, from Hardball, Aug 25, 2006:

"ROCKY VACCARELLA, KATRINA SURVIVOR: I live in St. Bernard Parish, and I was born and raised right there. I fished off them levess. And them levees held up during many hurricanes that came through. And you know, back in '65 -- it was a proven fact that the levees were blown up. And i feel my opinion abhout the levee is a little bit different than some other opinions...

Because I was actually on my roof when the levees broke, and I just have concern that it might have not been a weak levee. I rode my bike on that levee as a child... to me the levee was like the Great Wall of China.

CHRIS MATTHEWS, MSNBC HOST: Yeah --

VACCARELLA: I was inside the levee protection system. I felt safe. We beared the storm. and then the next thing you know, the levees were breached.

MATTHEWS: Let me--

VACCARELLA: And you know what, sometimes the levees were breached to protect other cities...
-----

It is bizarre that this man so fervently supports the figurehead of the federal government while simultaneously believe the federal levees were covertly sabotaged -- and presumably covered up by that same federal government. But such is the doublethink endemic in traumatized 21st-Century America.

--
www.total411.info
www.total911.info