-Caveat Lector- www.ctrl.org DECLARATION & DISCLAIMER ========== CTRL is a discussion & informational exchange list. Proselytizing propagandic screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please! These are sordid matters and 'conspiracy theory'—with its many half-truths, mis- directions and outright frauds—is used politically by different groups with major and minor effects spread throughout the spectrum of time and thought. That being said, CTRLgives no endorsement to the validity of posts, and always suggests to readers; be wary of what you read. CTRL gives no credence to Holocaust denial and nazi's need not apply.

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-
The Case for Impeachment
Sun Aug 27, 2006 01:58
http://disc.server.com/discussion.cgi?disc=149495;article=104041;title=APFN

The Case for Impeachment
C-Span2 Book TV 8/2/06
With Dave Lindorff and Barbara Oskansky
Audio: (About 56 minutes) (BCST & RECORDED 8/26/06)

http://www.apfn.net/pogo/L001I060826-CSPAN2-IMPEACHMENT.MP3

APFN Page: HOW TO IMPEACH A PRESIDENT
http://www.apfn.org/apfn/impeach_pres.htm

GUERRILLA MARKETING IDEA: If you're in your Barnes&Noble store or a Borders Store, check out how they're displaying The Case for Impeachment (and other books you want people to read). If the store has the book shelved with its spine out, instead of the cover, switch things around so the cover is showing.
Website: http://www.thiscantbehappening.net

Barbara Olshansky
Barbara Olshansky, attorney with the Center for Constitutional Rights.
She is the author of Secret Trials and Executions: Military Tribunals
GOOGLE: Barbara Olshansky

--------------------------------

Is There a Case for Impeachment?

Posted on Wednesday, March 22, 2006. Edited selections from a forum moderated by Sam Seder and featuring Representative John Conyers Jr., John Dean, Former Congresswoman Elizabeth Holtzman, Lewis Lapham, and Michael Ratner, held March 2, 2006 at Town Hall in New York City.
Sources

* Learn more about the participants.
* Listen to a podcast ( MP3, 95 minutes, 40Mb) of the forum.
http://www.harpers.org/art/mp3/HarpersImpeachmentForum.mp3

------------------------

[Essay]
The Case for Impeachment
Why we can no longer afford George W. Bush
Posted on Monday, February 27, 2006. An excerpt from an essay in the March 2006 Harper's Magazine.
By Lewis H. Lapham.

http://www.harpers.org/TheCaseForImpeachment.html

--------------------------

Action Alert: New CCR Book on Impeachment Out Today, Write Your Representatives
We know George Bush has lied to us, spied on us, broken the law and sent Americans to fight an illegal war. The time for just debate and protest is over. We need real action to save our country and our Constitution – Congress must consider the impeachment of George W. Bush. Click here to take action: http://www.ccr-ny.org/impeachment

Action Alert: New CCR Book on Impeachment Out Today, Write Your Representatives
Synopsis

We know George Bush has lied to us, spied on us, broken the law and sent Americans to fight an illegal war. The time for just debate and protest is over. We need real action to save our country and our Constitution – Congress must consider the impeachment of George W. Bush. Click here to take action: www.ccr-ny.org/impeachment

We outline the legal case for impeaching Bush in an important new book, Articles of Impeachment Again George W. Bush, published by Melville House this week. We want to share special information about the book with our supporters - click here to learn more.

Legal experts from the Center for Constitutional Rights propose four articles of impeachment in the book, explaining the case clearly and precisely. This is essential reading for all Americans. The book is part of our campaign to demand Congress show the President he is not above the law - please join us in urging Congress consider impeachment today: www.ccr-ny.org/impeachment

Why now? The President's illegal domestic spying program has been exposed - CCR is currently fighting it in federal court - and a majority of Americans now say Bush lied about the war in Iraq and it is a mistake. A growing number of U.S. Representatives now support a resolution to investigate impeachment. Take a moment to act today and encourage even more representatives to join the fight - click here to act.

Together, we can beat back Bush's illegal actions through Congress and the courts.

Thank you for taking the time to act today, and please forward this email to your friends so we can spread the word.

Sincerely,

Bill Goodman
Center for Constitutional Rights Legal Director

Representatives supporting HR 635 include:

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1], Rep Baldwin, Tammy [WI-2], Rep Capps, Lois [CA-23], Rep Clay, Wm. Lacy [MO-1], Rep Farr, Sam [CA-17], Rep Hinchey, Maurice D. [NY-22], Rep Honda, Michael M. [CA-15], Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18], Rep Lee, Barbara [CA-9], Rep Lewis, John [GA-5], Rep Maloney, Carolyn B. [NY-14], Rep McDermott, Jim [WA-7], Rep McKinney, Cynthia A. [GA-4], Rep Moore, Gwen [WI-4], Rep Nadler, Jerrold [NY-8], Rep Oberstar, James L. [MN-8], Rep Olver, John W. [MA-1], Rep Owens, Major R. [NY-11], Rep Payne, Donald M. [NJ-10], Rep Rangel, Charles B. [NY-15], Rep Sabo, Martin Olav [MN-5], Rep Schakowsky, Janice D. [IL-9], Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13], Rep Tierney, John F. [MA-6], Rep Velazquez, Nydia M. [NY-12], Rep Waters, Maxine [CA-35], Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6]
http://www.ccr-ny.org/v2/reports/report.asp?ObjID=J3Io2U04I6&Content=717

--------------------------

GOOGLE NEWS UPDATES: Impeaching the President
Here and Now, MA - Aug 25, 2006
Bloggers are weighing in on the case for impeachment and there are impeachment resolutions
pending in at least three state legislatives. ...
MORE:>>

If you'd like to receive email alerts when new columns are posted here, send your address to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(your address will be held in confidence)
http://www.thiscantbehappening.net/

CLICK APFN SITE MAP: