-Caveat Lector-

Begin forwarded message:

Date: October 18, 2006 1:02:37 PM PDT
Subject: "Dirty Bomb" Threat Before Monday

October 17, 2006

DIRTY BOMB ATTACK ON U.S. WITHIN THE WEEK?  UPDATE: "AMERICAN HIROSHIMA"

The Taliban have issued another warning that Muslims should leave the U.S. immediately before a major attack is launched. The warning implies that the threat will be from a dirty bomb and that it will come before next Monday.

In September we brought you news of an al Qaeda threat to detonate a dirty bomb on U.S. soil. The threat was that Adnan El Shukrijumah (aka, Adnan Al-Shukri Jumaa) would carry out the attack. The whole blogosphere was abuzz about it, and one of our readers alerted us (and the FBI) that she had seen Adnan El Shukrijumah in Texas.

Personally, I never took the threat that seriously. But some of the other Jawa writers did. It looks like some law enforcement officials are taking the threat seriously, too. The same reader alerted us about this encounter with the local SWAT team last week. In my prolonged absence, I forgot to post about it.

I was greeted this morning at my office by a member of the local SWAT team.

They are looking for an Arab male, passing himself off as hispanic. Judging by the picture they showed me, this guy could definitely pass as Mexican.

This is getting rather strange.

Indeed it is. If you look at El Shukrijumah's picture above, it seems to me he might pass off as a Mexican national. You'll also remember that when the same reader had her initial strange encounter with the person who she believed was El Shukrijumah, that he tried to pass himself off as a Mexican national.

El Shukrijumah may have recently been spotted in Britain.

On top of that, Allahpundit has news of a second warning that an attack will come before the end of Ramadan. Just to keep you up to speed, Ramadan ends October 23. Less than a week 'til doomsday, I guess.

My spidey-senses tell me that the threat is just so much bluster. The media whores at al Qaeda central just hate being upstaged and out-nuked by the Ronery One.

But still, I was a Boy Scout, and 'tis better to be prepared than sorry. Be on the lookout for Arabs trying to pass themselves off as Mexicans. El Shukrijumah is believed to have spent some time in Latin America, so he may speak Spanish. He also went to school in Canada. So if a 'Mexican' orders a "Molsen, eh" .... better call the FBI.

UPDATE: And here is our friend Jeff Epstein's take in Canada Free Press on the same warnings above:

Final preparations have been made for the American Hiroshima, a major attack on the U. S.
And it looks like the version of the account quoted by Allahpundit, and which was the basis of the doomsday-within-a-week scenario, which makes it seem like the attack will come before the end of Ramadan, may have been misleading. Here are some quotes from the original conversation:

Our brothers are ready to attack inside America. We will breach their security again. There is no timeframe for our attack inside America; we can do it any time.
Q: What do you mean by another attack in America?