-Caveat Lector-

New JFK interview with T. Casey Brennan at...

http://bigsleep666.livejournal.com/30273.html

Twelve Questions with T. Casey Brennan
INTRODUCTION: From Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MKULTRA

"Headed by Dr. Sidney Gottlieb, MKULTRA was started on
the order of CIA director Allen Dulles on April 13,
1953, largely in response to alleged Soviet, Chinese,
and North Korean use of mind-control techniques on
U.S. prisoners of war in Korea. The CIA wanted to use
similar methods on their own captives. The CIA was
also interested in being able to manipulate foreign
leaders with such techniques, and would later invent
several schemes to drug Fidel Castro...

Because most of the MKULTRA records were deliberately
destroyed in 1972 by order of the Director at that
time, Richard Helms, it is impossible to have a
complete understanding of the more than 150
individually funded research projects sponsored by
MKULTRA and related CIA programs."

1. In Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks, you
describe George Lincoln Rockwell, the founder of the
American Nazi Party, as a "friend." What was your
relationship with him like?

TCB: This is the passage from that story, describing
Rockwell:

"MK-ULTRA had sought a protective cover of rightists
and paramilitarists, standing ready with their own
troops, to aid in the supposed 'invasion of Cuba'.
Those who did believe had included American Nazi Party
leader, George Lincoln Rockwell, the scholarly but
sinister Dr. Fred G. Schwartz of the Christian
Anti-Communism Crusade (which shared offices with the
Fair Play for Cuba Committee in New Orleans), and
martial arts expert Bruce Lee, hell-bent on liberating
his people from the murderous brand of communism which
had overtaken China.

But Walker had refused altogether, and Lee, under
orders from David Ferrie, his commanding officer in
the Civil Air Patrol, had fired on Walker and missed,
deliberately, as a warning. Lee believed, but Walker
did not. George Lincoln Rockwell, chess player,
essayist, Nazi leader, friend: he believed also. ('Get
Lincoln out of that Nazi suit, and talk to him
man-to-man, and he's all right,' someone had told me
then.)"

'Call George and tell him the invasion is off,' David
Ferrie said, light-heartedly, after the
assassination."

That passage is, I think, self-explanatory. David
Ferrie, and others in the CIA, had been mobilizing
various right-wing groups and leaders for a proposed
invasion of Cuba. Rockwell was among these. If you are
asking if I was sympathetic to George Lincoln
Rockwell, the answer is, of course I was. It would be
difficult, in the context of my experiences, to see
him as an actual Nazi. Actual Nazis killed millions;
George Lincoln Rockwell never killed anyone... he only
passed out silly pamphlets, which was, essentially,
the same thing Lee Oswald did (or, for that matter,
James Earl Ray). He was neither a monster or a hero;
he was just a man caught up in the web of the CIA.
When the proposed plan to assassinate Castro was
replaced with the project to assassinate John Kennedy,
one by one, those who knew too much, were murdered or
disgraced. How can I not be sympathetic to those men,
however I may have felt about their views? But someone
should find a list of his pallbearers.

2. In Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks, you
describe Bruce Lee's role in the JFK assassination.
How well did you and your family know Bruce Lee?

TCB: I have no memories of him, other than this scene
from "Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks". Someone
should try to contact his remaining family members and
try to verify any of this. But as his own death was
suspicious, and his son Brandon Lee was shot to death,
they may be reluctant to tell...

"...That fleeting memory; no before, no after, just
the memory. We are in a hotel room, somewhere. It is
before the JFK assassination, sometime.

Lee is there, like Bruce. They have both seen the
children, Dr. E's children, sitting limply in chairs
with needles in their necks, headsets on their ears,
screens before their vacant faces. Dr. E says: it is
necessary: child assassins formed with the
super-science of the future, child assassins, a proud
tradition of both sides of the now concluded great
war, child assassins necessary for the invasion of
Cuba. It has already grated on Lee; later, he will
seek a friend and confidant in Dallas police officer,
J.D. Tippitt, whom he will tell.

But for Bruce, it is intolerable NOW.

'Get rid of the kids,' Bruce says, 'We don't need
them.'

Lee sits, staring downward, his hand on his forehead,
wearing that sly, secret smile, only ever-so-slightly
visible.

'I can't,' Lee says softly, and matter-of-factly.

Bruce side-steps into position and gestures toward me.

'Get rid of the kid,' Bruce says, 'Get him out of
here. Take him home. Lose him. Anything.'"

3. In Conjurella Fever: Transcending Time and
MK-ULTRA, you describe wanting Charles Manson to
endorse you as the reincarnation of Aleister Crowley.
Have you since tried to communicate with Manson?

TCB: I never tried to actually contact Manson. By the
late '70s, my comic book career was waning, and I had
become enamored of Crowley's philosophy of black
magic. My Crowleyan essays were the only BAD work I've
ever published; I will not be repeating that work. As
for Manson, others besides myself have speculated that
he bears some of the ear-marks of an MK-ULTRA
assassin; a correspondence between us might have been
interesting for that reason, over and above the
Crowley silliness.

4. In Conjurella Fever: Transcending Time and
MK-ULTRA, you describe your relationship with Squeaky
Fromme. Have you been in contact with her since her
incarceration?

TCB: This is the passage in question. I never met
Squeaky Fromme; I did live with a girl who was in
prison with her:

"No, this is the story of Lynette Fromme, one of my
friends, a girl from Ann Arbor, met her while she was
being transferred from one prison to another. It was a
girl I lived with for a long time, she was never my
lover, she was just my landlady, but we got introduced
by the late Ernie Brown, of Ann Arbor's cable channel
9, host of numerous Ann Arbor cablevision shows, the
last being entitled Simply You. Ernie died of
pneumonia in December of 1996, at the age of 39, after
introducing me to the girl who had met Lynette
Fromme."

5. Why do you think the CIA killed Kurt Cobain, as you
state in Conjurella Krishna: Srila Kasipada or: How I
Became a Real Hippie Guru?

TCB: This is the passage in question; I was struck by
the similarity to Jayatirtha's murder...

"In hushed tones, they told what they said was the
SECRET truth; the berserk devotee who had killed
Jayatirtha had been inspired, not by the CIA, but by
Jayatirtha's WIFE, whom he was in the process of
leaving. And after the CIA blew Kurt Cobain's head off
for the exact same reason, they told the exact same
story about HIS wife."

6. In Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks, you
describe how the CIA poisoned Jim Warren, publisher of
Warren Comics. Why do you think the CIA went after Jim
Warren?

TCB: Because he published my work. I want to digress
here a bit to describe what I THOUGHT was my role in
MK-ULTRA. Supposedly there was to be a full-scale
invasion of Cuba... not just our own military, but
hordes of ultra-rightwing volunteers. In the midst of
this turmoil, Lee Oswald, who had been attempting to
establish himself as a pro-Castro activist, was to
travel to Cuba on a Jane Fonda-style "peace mission".
Included would be a children-for-peace brigade, myself
included. It was our intention to meet with Castro and
murder him. Now, what is the credibility of my
statements? None-- nil, zero. It is 2006; I am now
homeless, penniless, and without any income
whatsoever. I was hit by a car in 2003; I am too
injured to work; I dress in rags, my hair and beard
are dreadlocked. If it were not for the punkrocker
community, particularly the homeless punkrockers, the
streetpunks, gutter punks, traveler kids, who
frequently harbor me, I would be dead. But in 1973, I
was a rising star with the Warren comics, I had
hundreds of thousands of readers worldwide. What if I
had remembered and talked THEN? What would my
credibility have been then, as opposed to now?

7. Your essays describe your frequent encounters with
the CIA. Have they been in contact with you recently?

TCB: What do you feel I should do if and when I am
contacted by them? One factor that has become clear to
me is that the vast majority of "JFK researchers" are,
in fact, CIA operatives whose purpose is to ferret out
witnesses and silence them. You cannot find more
dedicated foes of my work than the JFK researchers. So
if I am contacted as you suggest, where do I go for
protection?

8. In Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks, you
describe Denny O'Neil as a second-rate comics writer.
Why do you think he's second-rate?

TCB: That was basically a joke. But keep in mind that
stories by Denny O'Neil, Roy Thomas, and myself were
nominated in 1971 for two sets of awards for Best
Story of the Year (1970), the Academy of Comic Book
Arts awards, and the Comic Art Fan Awards. My story
was "On the Wings of a Bird" in CREEPY #36, November
1970 issue. I met Denny O'Neil at the 1971 New York
Comic Art Convention at the Statler Hilton in New
York. He claimed to admire my work, and we met at
several other conventions. But in the intervening
thirty-five years, he has ignored any of my attempts
to contact him. Given the fact that we were all
best-story nominees, there is, at the very least, a
certain lack of grace in that.

9. Popimage.com quoted Warren Ellis saying that he
wanted to get Avatar Press to publish your essays.
Have you been in contact with Avatar Press? Will they
be publishing your work?

TCB: In the January 1999 issue of TRANSMETROPOLITAN
(#17), Warren Ellis had this to say about my work:

"Your recommended reading for this month is ET TU,
BABE by Mark Leyner (Vintage, 1993-see quotation at
the beginning of this letter column). The recommended
CD is "The Sugarcubes: A Collection" by The Sugarcubes
(1998), the recommended graphic novel is DEEP CITY by
Carlos Sampaya and C. Solano Lopez (Catalan
Communications 1986) and the recommended websites are
two connected with possibly the last American
visionary of this, the American century; the works of
T. Casey Brennan , at... (etc.) Now go. Warren Ellis
Frogg Manor, Cheshire and Southend August 1998"

The two websites were the T. Casey Brennan Archive,
from Anathema Research in Austin, Texas and a direct
link to "Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks" from
a page put up about my from a surrealist group which
published something called the Crow Manifesto, and
counted me along with Dali and John Lennon as one of
the great surrealists of modern times. I did contact
Avatar, but both Avatar and, eventually, Warren Ellis,
were outraged that it was my purpose to present the
story as factual. Outrage is, in fact, too mild a
word. There is no possibility that I will ever work
with either of them in the future.

10. Why did you leave comics in the '70s? Would you
write comics again?

TCB: I think it should be clear to anyone that has
read this far that I was blacklisted. WOULD I write
comics again? Yes. WILL I? No. There is a strong
commitment on the part of comic book professionals
that I have acted improperly by writing the JFK
stories. To publish me at all, even on matters
unrelated to JFK, would further my CONJURELLA stories.
No one wants to do that.

11. What are you doing nowadays, both artistically and
financially?

TCB: Artistically, I'm in a punkrock band called
FRANKENHEAD. We did a show in Detroit at the 555
Gallery on April 1st, 2005, which included Vietnam era
revolutionaries, John Sinclair and Pun Plamondon.
Financially, I live on hand-outs. The sequence has
been thus: when I wrote the first of the JFK stories
in 1996, people on the Internet, mostly comic book
fans, began putting up fan pages about me; that in
turn, generated interviews in various aspects of the
media, as well as comic book convention appearances,
and that led to my inclusion in the band.

12. Given your experience with MK-ULTRA, have you
sought psychotherapy to help you?

TCB: As in my intro to your interview, this is from
the Wikipedia entry on MK-ULTRA, describing the role
of the first chairman of the World Psychiatric
Association in MK-ULTRA:

"...the CIA recruited Albany, New York doctor Ewan
Cameron, author of the psychic driving concept which
the CIA found particularly interesting. In it he
described his theory on correcting madness, which
consisted of erasing existing memories and rebuilding
the psyche completely. He commuted to Montreal every
week to work at the Allan Memorial Institute and was
paid $69,000 from 1957 to 1964 to carry out MKULTRA
experiments there. The CIA appears to have given him
the potentially deadly experiments to carry out since
they would be used on non-U.S. citizens.

In addition to LSD, Cameron also experimented with
various paralytic drugs as well as electroconvulsive
therapy at 30 to 40 times the normal power. His
"driving" experiments consisted of putting subjects
into drug-induced coma for weeks at a time (up to
three months in one case) while playing tape loops of
noise or simple repetitive statements. His experiments
were typically carried out on patients who had entered
the institute for minor problems such as anxiety
disorders and postpartum depression, many of whom
suffered permanently from his actions.

It was during this era that Cameron became known
worldwide as the first chairman of the World
Psychiatric Association as well as president of the
American and Canadian psychiatric associations."

When MK-ULTRA was exposed by a Congressional
committee, the identified victims were paid some
minimal damages. This was, I believe, 1977. In the
intervening thirty years, quite a number of
individuals, including myself, have alleged that they
too were MK-ULTRA victims. Some have put up pages on
the Internet; some have written books. They have
varying degrees of credibility, but clearly, unless
there are further developments, the only MK-ULTRA
victims validated as such are those that were
identified before Congress. To digress a bit, here,
however, I stayed at the Ann Arbor homeless shelter in
2002. All was going well, until the staff psychiatrist
got hold of THIS article from the Port Huron
(Michigan) Times Herald, December 4, 1975:

Father, son tortured, robbed

>From the Times Herald, 12/4/75

By John F. Brown

An Avoca man and his son, who were beaten and robbed
of more that $1,400 then bound and gagged and set on
fire, were left to die in a flame-filled bathroom of
their old farmhouse about midnight Wednesday. William
J. Brennan, 72, of 4238 Bricker Road, and his son,
Terrance Casey Brennan, 27, bound together with a pair
of police handcuffs, electrical cord and tape, managed
to free themselves to telephone a Michigan Bell
operator for help. Sheriff Norman D. Meharg said
Brennan and his son were admitted to Yale Hospital for
treatment of second- and third-degree burns of their
hands and arms and head and facial injuries. Young
Brennan had been stabbed in the head several times by
his attackers.

Both men were reported in fair condition today at the
hospital. Meharg said there have been no arrests made
and so far there are no suspects. He has assigned
Detectives Robert V. Quain and Donald E. Tuthill to
the case. Meharg said the torture bandit were both
white, armed with hand guns and had dark ski masks
over their faces when they forced their way into the
Brennan home about 9 p.m.

"One of the thieves knocked on the door and when Mr.
Brennan answered he told Brennan he had ran out of
gasoline, then pulled the ski hat over his face,
pointed a gun at Brennan and pushed his way into the
house," Meharg said.

"The Bandits used a pair of handcuffs to lock the men
together. They set paper on fire and held it under the
hands of the two men. Their hands were baked," Meharg
said.

Deputy Sheriffs James VanConant and Orrin Burgett
arrived at the scene less than six minutes after the
operator called the Sheriff's Department. "You could
smell burning flesh when you entered the house,"
VanConant said. Brennan and his son told the officers
their attackers pushed them into the bathroom of the
six-room farmhouse after they had taken the money.

They said sheets and bedding were put around them on
the floor and the men poured them on the floor and the
men poured some type of flammable liquid over them.
One of the men tossed a lighted match into the sheets,
closed the bathroom door and ran from the home.

Brennan said he and his son managed to get the rope
and cord off their feet and stamped out the fire with
their feet and hands, which were free of the
handcuffs. They forced open the door and stumbled to
the telephone.

"My dad thought it was a joke at first. He even tried
to brush the gun aside from the man at the door, but I
told him not to," Casey said. Every room in the house,
except the kitchen, was ransacked as the robbers
searched the house for money.

Neighbors of the Brennan's heard nothing, deputies
said.

However, VanConant and Burgett said there were
footsteps leading from the Brennan home through
freshly fallen snow for about a block to an area where
a car had been parked.

The Brennan's were described by their neighbors as
quiet people who "bothered no one." Neighbors said the
Brennans had few visitors Brennan's wife, Mrs. Alice
Brennan, was killed in a car accident two years ago in
Ohio.

He read the article and ruled immediately that a man
who has seen his family tortured and killed is
patently too dangerous to stay in a homeless shelter.
They issued writs, stamped, sealed, and witnessed that
I was to be barred for life from all services. Nor
were they dissuaded from that position when I was hit
by a car on February 1st, 2003, in Ypsilanti,
Michigan, at the intersection of Washtenaw and
Oakwood.

The URLS for the stories mentioned in this interview
are as follows:

"Castle Mirage - the Prelude: Conjurella" is posted at
these URLS:

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/JFK/Conspiracy_theories/Brennan--Conjurella/Conjurella.html

http://tcasey.inri.net/conjurella.html

http://www.anomalog.com/conjurella.html

http://www.darkelfdesigns.homestead.com/conjurella.html

http://www.mindcontrolforums.com/tc/conjurel.htm

"Conjurella Fever: Transcending Time & MK-ULTRA" is
posted at these URLS:

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/Conspiracy_theories/Brennan--Conjurella/Conjurella_fever.html

http://www.konformist.com/mkkafe/tcasey/cfever.txt

http://tcasey.inri.net/conjurella_fever.html

"Conjurella Messiah: Necronomicon Monks" is posted at
these URLS:

http://www.angelfire.com/zine2/warrenverse/Conjurella_Messiah.html

http://tcasey.inri.net/necronomicon_monks.html

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/Conspiracy_theories/Brennan--Conjurella/Conjurella_Monks1.html

"Conjurella Krishna: How I Became a Real Hippie Guru"
is posted at these URLS:

http://www.geocities.com/tcb_sr/ckrishna.html

http://pweb.netcom.com/~mthorn/tcbkrsna.htm

http://www.darkelfdesigns.homestead.com/mkultra01.html