-Caveat Lector-

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/articles/20071010_2

October 10, 2007 -- Closeted GOP gay senator on deck to be outed
publication date: Oct 10, 2007
Download Print
Previous | Next

October 10, 2007 -- Closeted GOP gay senator on deck to be outed

WMR has learned that the GOP, still reeling from the men's room toe tapping performance of Idaho Senator Larry Craig in a Minneapolis Airport toilet stall, will soon face another major "outing" of a gay Republican senator.

Just as Craig has embarrassed the GOP in the solid red state of Idaho, the impending outing of another GOP senator in another solidly red state will diminish the chances of the Republicans to prevent next year a Democratic electoral tsunami in Congress, particularly in the Senate.

WMR has been told that South Carolina Republican Senator Lindsey Graham is the next to be outed in what may be a series of outings of Republicans in the Senate and House. The outing of Graham will pose problems for the Defense Department and the Bush administration. The Pentagon's "don't ask, don't tell" policy on gays in the military will be tested by revelations about Graham because he is a Colonel in the U.S. Air Force Reserves.

If Graham is not the subject of an administrative hearing for suitability for retention in the service, other gays and lesbians who have received less- than-honorable discharges for reasons of homosexuality will have ready-made legal cases to seek either reinstatement or monetary damages.

Graham is up for re-election next year. The expected controversy surrounding his sexual orientation is sure to result in a GOP primary challenger from the right who will attack Graham on his orientation as well as his stance on immigration.

Comments

Arthur T. Murray (Seattle, WA)

    Clap ypur hands!
    Tap your toes!
    NSGOP is in its throes!

Chan (camas)
    Ole Mitch is next.

JM (Pine Ridge)
The Republican party is going down fast, and it's about time. They're full of shit, hypocritical, idiots. Is that why Bush is shoring up loose ends by trying to add immunity for the companies that allowed him to spy on Americans? His days of majority support may be coming to an end.

Diane Bourdeau (Winnetka)
    This could not happen to a more deserving Party!

George LoBuono (Davis CA)
And if it does go down, it will be replaced by another stooge party that does the same. Until the eye of the pyramid is decapitated and exposed for what it is, it will be more of the same.

Bill Wade (Exeter)
    as George LoBuono above so eoloquently puts it, I'll add:

    Nancy Pelosi on the protestors outside her home:

"And if they were poor, and they were sleeping on my sidewalk, they'd be arrested for loitering, but because they have 'impeach Bush' across their chest, it's the First Amendment".

Marycatherine Barton (Indianapolis)
Impeach Cheney/Bush. Vote for Cindy Sheehan for Congress to show unhappiness with Democratic Nancy Pelosi standing against impeachment.

Styve (Portland, OR)
    JM~
    I have long said Bush is going down...the question is, on whom!!

    All right...I'll keep my day job... -)

Chan (camas)
    Pelosi has to go

Bill Wade (Exeter)
    Chan, help us - it's Vichy Dem Pelosi please, thanks!

Chan (camas)
    Bill Wade
    and that's too kind...

JM (Pine Ridge)
    Styve-

No don't quit, that's funny. Is it Tony Blair or Victor Ashe? Ahh, he probably already has grown weary of those trysts. Maybe as an extra prize to being handed over the next presedential election, the "elected" official will also win an early stay in the Lincoln Room, where George will doll himself nice and sexy and bequeath a deep throat full of glory to the victor. And, to the victor goes the glory!

Curious George has become glorious George while precious Rome has been set ablaze!

Richard Hein (New York)
No wonder why Graham was so outraged that he led the charge to impeach Clinton for consensual heterosexual relations - and then rode the fame and fortune the the Senate.

sysiphus (Melrose, WA)
George L hit it again in this thread!! Only the really mentaly challenged didn't see past the Rethuglican perverted killers even before 2000 but what worries me are the millions of intelligent people that think they are being cool by voting Democrat. I have been voting Nader for the past 11 years but even that is not advisable. What we need is a hit list of Democrats who We the People can take aim at and throw out on their asses in every election from no on. We can't change the two party duopoly in the short term and we can't throw our votes away on third options no matter how good they are; so, if the Democrats are too fat and sassy to shape up, let's ship them out! At this point the only one I would leave in is Cynthia McKinney but we have to prioritize by doing the least amount of sacrifice to our values. Let's aim for 10 psychopathic, sycophantic Democratic prostitutes headed by Pelosi to be out in 2008.
    Any volunteers to make our hit list?

Bill Wade (Exeter)
The CNBC poll after the Detroit Republican debates was pulled down after a few hours, at about the time it was pulled, Ron Paul had about 80% of the vote with the other candidates each having around 1-5%, Huckabee was the best of the losers as I recall. The MSM thinks it's doing their preferred candidates a favor but this time around, it's backfiring on them.

I like the idea of focusing on a few Dems to get their attention. I'll take a closer look at the local scene here in NH.

JM (Pine Ridge)
Sysiphus- What we need is organization. The only group poised to vote in large numbers for a 3rd party candidate are the evangelicals. If revolutionaries, like us, were organized then we would change the political landscape. Not only would there be more choices, we could bring a different dialogue to the public that is seldom being voiced.

sysiphus (Melrose, WA)
JM and feloow sufferers: I am about to enter my 38th year as a radical/revolutionary and the differences in those 38 years are that the subway costs five times as much and I have grey hair. The essence of time has changed and left us without historical guides so that the Ches and the Baader Meinhoff and the SDS no longer serve well as models.

We have to change situations in 3 and sometimes in 4 different and separate stages in order to achieve the quality of success that our older and nobler dreams still fuzzily demand of us. This means that if we organize now, at the first stage of modifying absolutely horrendous fascistic strangleholds over our entire society, it will provide the demons ample time to id us and neutralize us before we can reach say a third stage of the process of transformation from fascism to a semblance of a democratic society, having still a third and a fourth stage to achieve.

I suspect that the challenge is to organize our individual selves quietly (that may even be spiritually) and link up quietly with similar cool heads and seem to be trippily shlepping along as we go through at least the first two stages of social transformation without ego enhancing institutionalization/organization. The longer we can work really together without leaders and being humble enough to all be leaders-followers, the longer their repressive apparatus is useless. When the sheer size of the single-minded direction is already changing voting patterns then the organization may become a reality.

The problem is that organizations go through developmental stages much like human beings but at a much slower pace and our society's organizational stage is still very much lost in childish ego limbos so you can not really trust organizations to do real service to other work, such as you, JM, rightly suggest. The revolution that these demons have made necessary is so profound that each one has to assess him/herself first, before entering the revolutionary mass framework, in order to be as effective as we will have to be to succeed. The cool but frightening aspect of this is that there is no choice in the matter - you can only choose the time you enter to work for the revolution and the later you enter the more likely you will only serve as canon fodder. An even cooler aspect however, is that we are already much greater in number than we realize or than the demons would have us find out.
www.ctrl.org