 See what's new at http://www.aol.com

www.ctrl.org

--- Begin Message ---
-Caveat Lector-

 (http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/)

_http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/an_embattled_bus
h_ive_never_fe.html_
(http://weblogs.chicagotribune.com/news/politics/blog/2007/10/an_embattled_bush_ive_never_fe.html)

An embattled Bush: 'I've never felt more engaged'

(http://blogs.trb.com/news/politics/blog/Bush%20at%20oct%2017%202007%20press%20conference)

Bush at today's press conference. AP photo by Ron Edmonds.

by Mark Silva

<snip>
“I believe (Iran wants) to have capacity, the knowledge, to have a nuclear
weapon,’’ Bush said. “And I believe it’s in the world’s interest to keep them
from doing so… We’ve got a leader in Iran who has announced that he wants to
destroy Israel. It seems like, if you’re interested in avoiding World War III,
you ought to be interested in preventing them from having a nuclear weapon.’’

As for Putin’s plans to remain [in office but] as prime minister:
"I've been planning that myself,'' Bush joked.

“I have no idea what he’s going to do,’’ Bush said in a more serious vein. “
I asked him when I saw him in Australia… I tried to get it out of him. He was
wily. He wouldn’t tip his hand… I’ll tip mine. I’m going to work hard to
the finish. I’m going to sprint to the finish line, and then you’ll find me in
Crawford.’’

www.ctrl.org