-Caveat Lector-

-----Original Message-----
From: Vigilius Haufniensis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri, 29 Feb 2008 10:21 pm
Subject: [cia-drugs] American System vs. Anglo-Dutch System Dialogue

I don't believe in sovereignty.

?

http://larouchepac.com/news/2008/02/27/economist-magazine-russia-editor-i-advocate-lisbon-treaty-10.html

American System vs. Anglo-Dutch System
Dialogue

Economist Magazine Russia Editor: "I Advocate the Lisbon Treaty
100%...I hate the Westphalian System!"

Edward Lucas, the current editor for Russian and Eastern European affairs
for the Economist Magazine, the official publication of the British Empire, has
written a new book, "The New Cold War: Putin's Russia and the Threat to the
West". During a book signing, prior to a lecture he was to deliver at the
Watson
Institute at Brown University in Providence, RI, two LaRouche PAC organizers,
Alexandra Peribikovsky and Matthew Ogden, drew him into a pointed dialogue
during which he exposed his lust for the Lisbon treaty process, in order to
eliminate the sovereignty of nation-states and bring to an end of the era of
Westphalia.

Because the dialogue yielded some juicy quotes from this explicit British
imperialist, a paraphrase follows, with some direct quotations included:

LPAC: What do you think of the Kennebunkport process,
launched at the meeting of Putin with Bush?

LUCAS: (Thick British accent) Bush said he looked into
Putin's eyes and saw his soul; I would have seen the letters KGB.

LPAC: Many people have compared the Kennebunkport proposal
to Reagan's SDI.

LUCAS: I think the concept of strategic defense is highly
over-rated. (He began to go into his spiel about so-called pipe-line politics,
the title of one of the chapters in his new book).

LPAC: While Putin was involved in the meetings around
Kennebunkport, many leading people in Moscow were repeatedly discussing the
legacy of Franklin Roosevelt.

LUCAS: Well! I think Putin has his own reasons for bringing
up FDR!

LPAC: Both the Kennebunkport proposal and the SDI are
reminiscent of Roosevelt's post-war Russian-American alliance. In fact, the
Russian-American partnership goes all the way back to the Civil War and even
the
American Revolution. And, ironically, America was always allied with the
Russians, against the British!

LUCAS: World politics were different back then.

LPAC: In the context of the crash of the entire world
financial system, what do you think about the United States entering into an
alliance with Russia and China, to stabilize the dollar, like Roosevelt did
during the Bretton Woods?

LUCAS: Why should Russia be a party to that sort of
conference? Economically, Russia is now a third-rate power. They have no
economic power. They're at the level of a Holland, or a Belgium. Why should the
Dutch, or the Belgians, have a seat at the table discussing a new world
system?

LPAC: Brussells wants to dictate the new world system,
actually! The Lisbon treaty would give the president of a United Europe a seat
in Belgium.

LUCAS: (direct quote) "I am a strong advocate of the Lisbon
Treaty. I support it 100%! We should end all of this discussion and debate
about
an EU Constitution, and just do it! Just make it happen!"

LPAC: So you advocate the elimination of sovereignty for the
nations of Europe?

LUCAS: "The nations of Europe don't need sovereignty! They
no longer need to be separate states; Europe needs to create its own internal
market."

LPAC: That reminds me of the idea of a Pan-Europe, a One
Europe, of Edward Mosely, the British fascist from the 1940's...

LUCAS: Oh, you mean Oswald Mosely.

LPAC: What you're advocating would mean the end of the
Westphalian System.

LUCAS: (direct quote) "I HATE THE WESTPHALIAN SYSTEM! The
world needs to move beyond the age of Westphalia!"

LPAC: You don't believe that governments should exist to
promote the general welfare of its people?

LUCAS: "I believe in international security organizations,
like NATO...International governing institutions."

LPAC: You know, here in the United States of America, we
Americans value highly the idea of national sovereignty.

LUCAS: I don't know much about the American system of
politics, but I don't believe in sovereignty. By the way, are you two part of
some specific political party or group? I am beginning to notice a certain
consistency in your questions....

OM

      Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch to
Fully Featured

        Visit Your Group

        Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use

       Unsubscribe