-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 990702c - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No morons were re-elected during production of this bulletin. Just wait.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Japan Police Raid Doomsday Cult's Cash Source. TOKYO (Reuters) -- Police
  raided computer firms thought affiliated with a doomsday cult linked to a
  gas attack on Tokyo subways, in an effort to crack down on the cult's main
  source of income. Cops raided 23 sites related to Aum Shinri Kyo (Supreme
  Truth Sect), including shops, offices & computer assembly factories north
  of Tokyo, on suspicion that documents were forged to establish the firms.
  http://news.excite.com/news/r/990702/02/international-crime-japan

: Does your doomsday cult have a cash cow? Are doomsday cults profitable?
Would you invest in a doomsday cult? Would a doomsday mutual fund pay off?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Malaria secret cracked. Scientists have discovered how malaria disarms the
  body's immune system. The research raises the possibility of an effective
  vaccine. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_381000/381723.stm

: How many scourges can humanity do without? What will replace malaria??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Sovereignty: The Clinton Administration's Global Vision. (CBN) "Imagine,"
  John Lennon's song from 1971, unveiled a utopian vision: a world without
  borders, a "brotherhood" of man. Nearly 30 years later, some of Lennon's
  contemporaries are now seated at the highest levels of government. Many
  of their ideas are influencing U.S. global strategy. Others are totally
  self-serving. http://www.the700club.org/newsstand/stories/990616b.asp

: Is global harmony a demonic plot? Do we need more, stronger borders? Does
your belief system promote homogenization or fragmentation? By what means?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ STARWARS EPISODE 19.5: THE PHANTOM SYMBOLISM. Even though there have been
  several attempts to decipher the mythological correlations in the StarWars
  films, a celestial alignment on May 19th reveals the true mythology behind
  the films and reveals the true background of their creator George Lucas:
  http://www.terminator3armageddon.com/conspira/starwars.html

: Are you bored because I posted this once before? Have you discerned the
Egyptian/Freemason symbolism/agenda in Star Wars? Is the plot thickening?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Johnson & Johnson - Brainwashing our Youth. The company called Johnson &
  Johnson released a new shampoo called simply Kids. The logo is the word
  Kids overlapping an upside down Baphomet star. As you know the pentagram
  upside down represents the 5 points of a goat's head in Satanism. Two
  points for the horns, two points for its ears and one point for it's
  chin and beard. See aol://5863:126/alt.conspiracy:534760

: Do you buy Satanic products? Do you constantly inspect product logos for
Satanic symbols? Have you found many? Which ones? Would you send us a list?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Wicca at Military Bases. (CBN)  Recently, the U.S. Military has been doing
  what it can to allow witches & warlocks to practice Wicca as an officially
  sanctioned religion. That has many Christians and some congressmen up in
  arms. This week the Wiccans gathered in Washington, D.C., to call upon
  their ancient deities to protect their religious freedom. Then they took
  off their clothes. http://www.the700club.org/newsstand/stories/990630b.asp
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Revelation!  Ch.1: Who do you think is running the planet?
  Ch2: Learn the origins of mankind and the Brotherhood of the serpent.
  Ch3: The monuments in Washington D.C. are laid out in a Luciferic design.
  Ch3A: A copy of Washington D.C. is in the Cydonia region on Mars, and
    Avebury, England.
  Ch4: Will the human race allow history to continue to repeat itself?
  Ch5: Learn what many people think is random but in reality is not.
  Ch5A: Similarities to the Bible.
  Ch6: UFOs described in ancient times mimic modern sightings/descriptions.
  Ch7: Was the argument over Evolution and Creation constructed by the
    Brotherhood as another divide and conquer tactic?
  Ch8: See an ancient Egyptian Light bulb and an ancient Grecian computer.
  Ch9: Is the "Christian" community misleading us?
  Ch10: Tesla, a brief tribute to the most important inventor in history.
  Crop Circles: Is somebody trying to tell us something, or trying to draw
    our attention to certain megaliths?
  http://members.xoom.com/elgato76/pages/ufomain.htm

: How much revelation can you take? Should the author be destroyed for rev-
ealing these mysteries?: Who do you think is running the planet? Me? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiUpdate:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Terry Smith) wrote:

> > # Transplants could treat Parkinson's. NEW YORK (AP) - Scientists
> > may have found a way to generate unlimited supplies of brain cells
> > to transplant into Parkinson's disease patients. The source <...>
> > http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2560105936-62f
>
> Better may be: Kempermann, G. & Gage, F., H. (1999) New nerve cells for
> the adult brain _In_ Rennie, J. [Ed.] Scientific American Vol:280-5.
> pp;38-43. Scientific American, N.Y.  [www.sciam.com].
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

SkeptiLinks:

@ Gold - Manipulation or Exaggeration?
  http://www.pei-intl.com/TOPICS/GOLD0699.htm
@ Why Is This Guy Spreading The Stolen Kidney Urban Myth?
  http://healthcentral.com/drdean/DeanFullTextTopics.cfm?ID=13844

# Saddam Hussein warns of plans to divide Iraq:
  http://upway.com/cgi-bin/readnews?day=99_06_29&item=#930712125
# Forest fires advancing in Moscow, St. Petersburg regions:
  http://upway.com/cgi-bin/readnews?day=99_07_2&item=#930920582
# Off-Shore Web Sites Can No Longer Skirt UK Law:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics4/offshore.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "Phillips jumped from the hovering helicopter into the drift, which
  had the consistency of cream cheese, and, weighed down by his gear,
  sank quickly like a suppository into the bowels of the icy tundra
  while the snow swirled around him as if a million feathers from
  ripped pillows had been tossed and slammed against his head during
  some giant, crazy, Jovian pillow fight." --Jeff Parmer

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] * http://www.sonic.net/~ric * ICQ# 19633976 *
email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SkeptiChat archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* UFO/ET/PSI * Conspiracy * Faith * Science * Fringe * Mind-Control *