-Caveat Lector-

an excerpt from:
Were We Controlled?
Lincoln Lawerence(C) 1967
University Books, Inc.
New Hyde Park, N. Y.
out -of-print
-------
A very interesting book. A bit of a hard read at the beginning, but then, the
author(a psuedonymn) is covering some hard to grasp subjects. One thing to
notice is that the operation( or at least parts of it ) began before even JFK
was elected. Also there are very many interesting facts and theories
presented. And for those with questions about Bunge corporation, it is
discussed also.
--
This book has recently been reissued in an annotated version, with much
additional material, Highly reccommended.

-----
7.

Lee Harvey Oswald

Let us now re-state the R.H.I.C. theory as it relates to The Rumor. Exactly
how could persons like Lee Harvey Oswald be "controlled" to perform the act
of murder? By Radio-Hypnotic Intracerebral Control! We have seen that radio
transmission can definitely produce meaningful stimulation of the brain. For
R.H.I.C., the response need not be even as complex as those we have read
about. All that is necessary is a simple neuromuscular twitch activated by
radio.

One of the few glimpses we have been given by the scientific community—of the
ultra-miniaturized
radio-muscle-stimulators—was announced quietly by Dr. Wen Hsiung Ko of the
Case Institute of Technology in Cleveland. He admitted that receivers the
size of shirt-buttons were in the "experimental" stage . . . receivers that
could be buried in muscles and used to stimulate them internally.

Dr. Ko's admission to the technical press comes years after the R.H.I.C.
technicians had placed such implants in operation for less worthy motives
than his. Dr. Ko's experiments are related to the work that has been done in
Europe for many years to stimulate artificial limbs. His announcement of the
extent to which the equipment has been miniaturized is no surprise to the
researcher of information on R.H.I.C. implantations.

Now, accepting the feasibility of this, the "radio" part of R.H.I.C., let us
move on to the "hypno" aspect. If the subject is placed under hypnosis and
mentally programmed to maintain a determination eventually to perform one
specific act (perhaps, for example, to shoot someone), it is suggested that
thereafter, each time a particular muscle twitches in a certain manner (which
is then demonstrated by using the transmitter) . . . he will increase this
determination even more strongly. As the hypnotic spell is renewed again and
again, he makes it his life's purpose to carry out this act, until it is
finally achieved.

Thus are the two complementary aspects of R.H.I.C. joined to reinforce each
other and perpetuate the control until such time as the controlled behavior
is called for. This is done by a second session with the hypnotist giving
final instructions. These might be reinforced with radio-stimulation in more
frequent cycles. They could even carry over the moments after the act to
reassure calm behavior during the "escape" period (as in the case of Oswald)
or to assure that one conspirator would not indicate he was aware of the
co-conspirator's role or that he was even acquainted with him. This might
serve to block so much as a mention of the other's name.

(From the testimony before the Warren Commission by Jack Ruby.)

RUBY: "Very rarely do I use the name Oswald. I don't know why. I don't know
how to explain it ...."

(From "Dallas Justice" by Melvin Belli—Page 102.)

"He (Ruby) rarely called Oswald by name."

Consider how very difficult it is for anyone to discuss the assassination
without using Oswald's name! R.H.I.C. is a very simple albeit fiendish
combination of two known scientific tools joined in a sophisticated
modification to produce a theoretically predictable result. R.H.I.C. is one
procedure that can explain the events in Dallas.

The questions in rebuttal to this stand come quickly to mind.

"Can anyone . . . using R.H.I.C. or not . . . be hypnotized to commit a
criminal act so brutal as murder? Isn't it true that one will not perform any
act under hypnosis that one wouldn't in a perfectly uncontrolled state?"

The answer is simply no.

Dr. Theodore Barber of Harvard University in The Journal of Psychology states
that a good subject will commit anti-social or dangerous acts if first
convinced by the hypnotist that his behavior is normal and proper: such acts
(as one account of Dr. Barber's work puts it) as throwing acid at the
experimenter! "Two recent extensive reviews of this problem have not failed
to note that since the good subject accepts the hypnotist's words as true
statements, an unscrupulous hypnotist can induce the subject to commit
'anti-social' acts.'

Again the skeptic's retort may be "All very well to theorize . . . but has it
ever been proven that a person under hypnosis will actually do these things?"

The answer is an unqualified yes.

Under the hypnotic spell of Bjorn Schouw-Nielsen . . . 28-year-old Palle
Hardrup walked alone into a bank in a suburb of Copenhagen in March of 1951.
In the course of a hold-up that Schouw-Nielsen had "controlled" him to carry
out, he calmly shot two bank employees to death. When he was caught, Hardrup
confessed he had done the killings under hypnosis. Tried in 1954, Hardrup was
found guilty of manslaughter (because he was hypnotized "in a state of mental
abnormality") and was committed to a prison mental institution.
Schouw-Nielsen was also convicted of manslaughter ". . . through having
planned and by various means, including hypnosis, instigated Hardrup of the
crimes." He was given a life term.

The fact that hypnosis was the tool of control was established by Dr. Paul J.
Reiter, one of Denmark's leading psychiatrists and an expert in hypnosis.

Perhaps the loyal opposition now adds . . . "Very well, admitting the fact
that hypnosis will do what is claimed . . . has a proven case of the
combination of radio and hypnosis ever been explored?"
The answer is a probable yes. Although the very basis for using R.H.I C. is
to control behavior without detection . . . there is one case that comes
immediately to mind as a likely example of R.H.I.C. being used on a victim.

We refer to the 1950 defection of Dr. Otto John of the top echelon of West
Germany's security and anti-espionage efforts. He defected to the other side
allegedly because of the hypnotic brain-washing performed on him by a Soviet
Agent.

This occurred shortly after he told friends he was going to Charite Hospital
in Berlin. It was there, according to tie rumors, he underwent an operation
for a "brain implant." Vague as this information about the operation is,
there is a strong indication that this was one of the first uses of R.H.I.C.
The Otto John case is still shrouded in mystery and the files are
inaccessible, being locked up and guarded by the German Federal Police.

In his excellent report on the incident, Joseph E. Brown related a few years
ago, "Some para-psychologists insist today that the agent . . . perhaps well
trained in hypnotic suggestion, implanted the idea of defection in John's
mind during their frequent visits together without Cohn even knowing it."

8.

The Plan To Go To Switzerland

Returning to our investigation of The Rumor, we note that in the period from
1958 to 1959, a figure in the case decided to go to Switzerland and
apparently to Germany. In Switzerland, he would, he stated, like to attend
the Albert Schweitzer College in order to, among other things, "broaden my
knowledge of German and live in a healthy atmosphere and Good Moral
atmosphere."

The man (under an influence? . . . perhaps one that continued long after) who
applied for a passport to Switzerland and Germany on September 21, 1959, was
Lee Harvey Oswald. The world has a picture of Oswald as a Castro-Moscow
sympathizer. That would lead us to accept his interest in Spanish and Russian
. . . But little known to us was his interest, by his own statement, in
German!

The 'strong" man that those close to Lee Oswald said was his best friend in
those months before the assassination was George De Mohrenschildt. This
clever, sophisticated man, whose international background included
friendships with Jackie Kennedy's father and mother, somehow found time to
attune himself to the conversational sparkle of the Oswald household.

George De Mohrenschildt was born in Mozyr, Russia. His father was of German
descent. George, unlike his brother, obscured his German heritage by a change
of name from Von Mohrenschildt to De Mohrenschildt. This fact was brought out
by assistant counsel Albert Penner in information gathered for the Warren
Report. Penner has since been condemned along with the rest of the Commission
for lack of zeal in digging out the real facts. Nevertheless, it is
interesting to note that he scratched far enough below the surface to uncover
the fact that in the 1940's De Mohrenschildt was involved in a business
venture called Facts, Inc., with a questionable partner, a "distant" cousin
named Baron Maydell. Jenner suggested that Maydell was accused of being a
German spy. De Mohrenschildt admitted that people considered Maydell pro-Nazi.

A particularly odd coincidence showing up as a result of Jenner's
interrogation has to do with De Mohrenschildt's father. He was seized by the
Communist regime for being outspoken, but decided later not to flee from
Russia. To quote De Mohrenschildt, his father "heard from somebody that they
(the Communists) had become liberal" and so he "stayed in Minsk . . ." Lee
Harvey Oswald was later to stay in Minsk.

One brief quote from the exchange before the Warren Commission between
Assistant Counsel Albert Penner and De Mohrenschildt.

In connection with questioning about photographs that De Mohrenschildt did or
did not take of the Aransas Pass U. S. Coast Guard Station (presumably during
World War II):

Q. You went to Aransas Pass, and what did you do there?
A. What do they say we did?
Q. Did you take some photographs?
A. Possibly of each other.
Q. You took no photographs of the Coast Guard Station there?
A. I don't recall that.
Q. Did you make any sketches?
A. Yes, because I like to sketch. I sketched the dunes, the coastline but not
the Coast Guard Station. Who gives a damn about the
Coast Guard Station in Aransas Pass?
Q. I can tell you that is what got you into trouble.
A. Is that so? Well, you are the first one to tell me about that. On the way
back to the Pass, some characters stopped the car and came out of the bushes
and they said, "You are a German spy."

Later in the testimony, De Mohrenschildt admitted to knowing a little more
about the "characters."

"I have the impression they told me they were from the FBI and they followed
me all the way from New York."

In the bright spotlight trained on the events in Dallas, the principals speak
Spanish or Russian . . . the scenery is backdrops of Cuba, Moscow and Minsk.

In the shadows, the language and influence is German. In this one discrepancy
lies the key to an understanding of the ways in which Lee Harvey Oswald may
have been controlled!

Who planned to use a tool like R.H.I.C. to control his actions? Why was he
chosen?

In the bars and cafes of the world where tired intelligence men of all
nations take their coffee or wine, the inside talk of the profession often
turns to Oswald. He is a natural subject for the after hours trade-talk that
they love so dearly. Oh, it's discreet enough. Men who work in the same
department, in the same office, even in teams on the same assignments pass
the time this way. Trading tidbits on Oswald, theories about his possible
connections with the various intelligence branches, foreign and domestic, is
a popular pastime.

The initial basis for shop-talk speculation as to Oswald's connections
"higher up" rests simply upon his access to money. Money to travel with.

Ask your next door neighbor if he'd like to travel more . . . he'll probably
look at you oddly and reply, "Of course, if I had the money!"

Lee Harvey Oswald always had the time (which means loss of regular salary) .
. . and he always seemed to have the money.

He traveled to Los Angeles, to Mexico, to London, to Moscow and back. He
traveled to whatever spot his strange destiny drove him . . . and when he
wanted to!

In a questioning session with Wesley J. Liebeler (Assistant Counsel to the
Warren Commission), Nelson Delgado, a "buddy" of Oswald's during his Marine
days, said in part, ". . . and just after he started receiving these
letters—you see he would never go out, he'd stay near the post all the time.
He always had money."

Liebeler noted the point and made Delgado repeat the answer.

Oswald had money to pay for the tuition to a college he was interested in. He
had the money to pay back the State Department for the loan they made to him
for his return from Russia. He had the money to buy firearms, travel
constantly, and money for "causes."

An example of this occurred when he printed literature on behalf of the Fair
Play for Cuba Committee without their knowledge or authorization and at his
own expense.

A New York City radio personality, Long John Nebel, has stated that a Lee
Oswald phoned him from Louisiana and offered to make the trip to New York at
his own expense just in order to discuss political matters on Nebel's
top-rated discussion show. (Nebel shrewdly assayed Oswald's personality and
declined the offer.)

For certain things . . . Lee Oswald . . . had money . . . make no mistake
about it. Not for Marina or his home particularly . . . but for expediting
his actions.

Did this money come from the CIA, FBI, State Department, Castro or the
Soviets? No, not according to The Rumor.

But it was there to be had . . . made available to him by some group . . .
for a reason.

The simple fact is the most convincing argument to men who follow the
professional intelligence craft . . . that he was "somebody's man."

The Rumor crystallizes a picture of Lee Oswald as a "high-jacked sleeper." In
intelligence jargon that simply means that he was selected by one group and
maneuvered into the orbit of another group which trained and prepared him for
work in the future when they (the second group) might have need for his
"special" qualifications. The first group had secretly spotted him as an
ideal person to use as a tool in a very special operation. His desirability
was even higher because the blame for his actions (should he be caught) would
fall quite naturally on the second group He was the man high-jacked by some
of the most amazing and sophisticated methods known to modern science and
secretly—without his own conscious knowledge used as a key man in the plot to
kill John F. Kennedy and "rig" the Stock Exchange. He was to play a major
role in the crime of our century!

Why this man? If the planning of dark deeds was so ambitious, why select the
rather unimposing Lee Oswald? The answer is not simply that he was deeper,
brighter, and "cooler" than most people gave him credit for being. This was
all true, but it was not the reason.

The reason is that pure chance put him in the position where he could be
"prepared" for his usefulness. Here, then, is The Rumor at its stunning high
point . . . of intricacy.

This is how Oswald was "conditioned" for the final act. Shortly after his
17th birthday, Lee Oswald enlisted in the U. S. Marines. His interest in
Marxism became known to all those in his barracks and eventually this word
was carried, either deliberately or by accident of idle gossip, to the
civilian world in Los Angeles.

An inquiry was begun by The Group behind The Rumor and "he's was cataloged
and filed. Unbeknown to Oswald, he was to remain under observation and closer
and closer control from that time on and for the rest of his life.

Stage one of that control was to penetrate his political and philosophical
beliefs . . . to dissect his thinking processes in such a way that an
evaluation could be made as to the extent he could be controlled. This was
probably begun in June of 1959. As part of this procedure, he was tested for
susceptibility to hypnosis under casual party conditions. He responded
quickly and this was duly noted.
On leave from the Marines for week-ends, Oswald was influenced deeply by Mr.
One, the center figure of The Group, and he was prepared for a destiny that
lay four years ahead of him. His role— the role they had selected for him—was
to kill the then-to-be-elected President of the United States. The identity
of that President, as amazing as it seems, was not of course even known to
the members of The Group. Only by chance of the ballot was John F. Kennedy to
be Oswald's target . . . A slight turn in the election totals and Richard
Nixon would have been the victim!

Of the man who made the first contact and initiated Oswald into a maze he was
never to find his way out of, we can surmise a few things.

He was probably German or of German-Russian descent, well educated, a
philosophy major with previous wartime experience probably in the Military
Intelligence. He had very probably some training in the neurological and
psychological fields and worked voluntarily with or was captured by the
Russians during World War II. It is likely he spent time in Moscow, Leningrad
and Minsk. He knew Europe well and was at home in South America. For purposes
of simple identification, we refer to him as Mr. One.
Mr. One's task (for reasons which will later be obvious) was to convince
Oswald to quit the Marines and leave the country.

The argument was not, as you might assume, that Lee should go to Russia
directly to live. Far from it. Although Mr. One knew full well that Oswald
had Marxist tendencies and a great curiosity about Russia, Mr. One's tactic
was to interest Oswald in "finding" himself through further study of
philosophy. Oswald should, implied Mr. One, study in an atmosphere of the
clean, moral, good life. Such a place was Germany. Besides Germany, however,
there was Switzerland where he could acquire a basic background in philosophy
which he lacked because of an "inadequate" American school system. This would
enable him to "catch-up" so that he could study in Germany on an equal level
with the other students.

How was the relatively poor Lee Oswald to finance this expedition into higher
education and soul finding? The fatherly protection of his new-found friend
was extended. If he had the determination to "make something" of his life, by
following Mr. One's advice... the least Mr. One could do was advance a modest
amount for travel expenses. Not much, mind you—Mr. One made no pretense of
flashing big money—just enough to sway a confused young Marine's mind.

How does The Rumor check out on these pertinent points?

They check out all too well for our peace of mind.

A completely different Lee Oswald begins to emerge as we do that checking.

Point One. Something or some one (Mr. One?) caused Oswald to return after a
brief leave from his Marine Base in California and tell his close Marine
friend Nelson Delgado that "he was going to a school, and this school in
Switzerland was supposed to teach him in two years (in 6 months) [Sic] what
it had taken him to learn in philosophy over here in two years."

At another point in his testimony, Delgado adds, "I can't for the life of me
recall where I got the scoop that I- thought he was going to some school in
Berlin, and I was thinking of going over there to see if I could find him . .
."

What rapport would Oswald, the Cuban-Russian sympathizer, have with the
German way of life? The language astonishingly enough caught his attention.

In his testimony, Nelson Delgado offers these startling thoughts for us to
ponder on . . . Delgado: "Well, like I say, he tried to teach me Russian, but
then another time, I had some thought that what he was speaking to me was
German." And then later in the same testimony . . . Liebeler: "It seemed to
you like it was German?" Delgado: "Like German, yes." Still later, "I could
only assume it was Jewish or German and later on when I was in Germany, I
think. . . I am pretty sure. . . it was German that he was speaking". At
another point in the questioning, Delgado (by his own testimony, Oswald's
closest friend in the Marine Corps) was asked if he had met Oswald at any
time when he (Delgado) was in Germany. Delgado: "No, I wanted to. . . I knew
that he was over there and going to school . . ."

>From a report to the Warren Commission:
"In April 1960, Mrs. Oswald advised that subject (Oswald) had informed her by
letter sometime during spring or summer of 1959 that he had made arrangements
to attend the Albert Schweitzer College in Switzerland. She also advised that
a few days previous to April 28, 1960, she had received a letter from his
college to the effect that subject was expected on April 20, 1960."

In Oswald's letter explaining why he wanted to attend the Albert Schweitzer
College in Switzerland, he wrote:

In order to acquire a fuller understanding of that subject which interests me
most, philosophy. To meet with Europeans who can broaden my scope of
understanding. To receive formal education by instructors of high standing
and character. To broaden my knowledge of German and to live in a healthy
climate and Good Moral atmosphere.

In June of 1959 he sent the college a $25.00 registration fee and a letter
saying he was looking forward to a "fine stay."

The $25.00 deposit must not be disregarded in evaluating whether or not this
application was a blind to cover a trip actually intended for the purpose of
defection. As a dodge, the deposit was not necessary. It was needed only if
Oswald felt he was definitely going to the college. If it was intended as a
"red herring", it was to fool Oswald himself. Perhaps it was placed in his
hand by Mr. One . . . who knew full well that young Lee Harvey was not to
find himself changing his mind about that college until he was so persuaded
upon reaching Europe.

After securing release from the Marine Corps, it is a matter of record that
in September 1959, Oswald applied for a passport at Santa Ana, California,
stating that he planned to leave for Europe on the 21st of September to
attend the Albert Schweitzer College and, among other stops, to visit Germany.

His passport was granted shortly after. He sailed on a freighter from New
Orleans on the 20th of September. We can assume that Mr. One had requested
Oswald to make a stop in London to meet him and together they would go about
shaping the destiny of this budding psychology and philosophy student . . .
whom he was sponsoring financially. At any rate, to London went Lee Oswald.
His meeting there resulted in the first truly important bit of control
exerted over his destiny.

Lee arrived in Le Havre on October 8th and then proceeded to his London
rendezvous. Upon arriving he met with Mr. One. This was the point at which
Operation Control went into full action.

Mr. One informed Oswald cheerfully that quite by accident he had met an old
friend in London, who was one of the top psychology brains of Soviet Russia.
There was exciting experimental work going on and his friend's work called
for experiments with at least one person with a completely American
psychological point of view. Preferably this person should have lived
recently in the U.S. and have his typical American attitudes and U.S.
conditioned responses intact.

Oswald's eyes widened at this point. Did this mean that Soviet Russia was
going to invite him to come and be the guinea pig for the advancement of
Russian science?

Not quite, he was gently told. The Russian professor did not have that power,
and indeed even if he did, would prefer not to claim so close
acquaintanceship with any American that he would even suggest his name.
However, if Oswald were to visit Russia for a long period of time . . . The
Professor could "accidentally" hear about this friendly Soviet oriented
American and request then that he be offered or assigned a post in his
experimental laboratory.

Then, of course, The Professor would use his local influence to see that
Oswald enjoyed a higher standard of living in Russia than an American would
ordinarily. Later there would be a decoration by the Soviet Government!

Oswald took all this in. Could he simply apply for a tourist's visa and then
go about waiting for his call to scientific glory? It intrigued him, no
end.... He was ready!

Mr. One pointed out that therein lay the drawback. The experiments would take
a longer time to carry out than a tourist's visa would afford him. Oh well,
sighed her. One. It was just an idea. Fascinating, but not practical. Oswald
said nothing. He went home to his London hotel room and thought out the
situation.
The next morning, as Mr. One knew he would, Oswald reopened the subject.
Supposing. . . he defected... Oswald offered... and volunteered to stay
permanently in Russia?

If Oswald were able to reach this acceptance by the Soviet governments Mr.
One agreed, the Professor would, of course, then call for his services and he
would indeed be important in the Russian scientific Scheme of Things. It
might lead to Very High Honors indeed.

9.
Oswald Works Toward A Goal

In the next four days, Oswald worked frantically at his new-found goal . . .
to get a Soviet visa. He flew to Helsinki where the visa was granted and he
entered Russia on the 15th of the month.

He was in his glory. Mr. One had assured him that if he could convince the
authorities that he was a sincere defector, and wanted Russian citizenship .
. . high adventure lay ahead of him.

Mr. One's analysis of Oswald was accurate. He was intrigue-prone and
constantly yearning to play a role of some importance that the world would
have to applaud, or at least take notice of.  knock on the door from Rima
Shirokova, who was assigned to keep an eye on him by the Tourist Office. When
she did, he made a small scratch in the skin on his wrist—knowing full well
that the door was unlocked and she would come in and "save" him.

After an initial chilly reaction to his plea to be allowed to stay, he
decided on a more tricky approach. Quite aware of the fact that Intourist was
examining his possessions when he was out of his hotel room, he left a
deliberately prepared mock "diary". This contained naive tongue-in-cheek
references to his sincerity concerning his desire to become a Soviet citizen.
Oswald thought that finding and reading these—his supposedly "secret"
thoughts—would convince the Government that he was not up to any game that
they need to be suspicious of.

The amusing thing about this diary is that many who have written about
Oswald's Russian days have taken it as a serious "straight" document. They
have, as a result, reprinted as his actual thought such ridiculous entries as
. . .

"I am shocked!! My dreams! . . . I have waited 2 years to be accepted
[Author's note: Not so].

My fondest dreams are shattered because of a petty official.... I decide to
end it. Soak wrist in cold water to numb the pain, then slash my left wrist
then plaug [his spelling] wrist into bathtub of hot water.... Somewhere a
violin plays, as I watch my life whirl away. I think to myself 'How easy to
Die' and 'A Sweet Death, to violins!' "

There! . . . thought Oswald. . . that ought to convince them that I am just a
simple, dedicated man who will not be stopped. Maybe he was right. He
convinced a few people back home in the bargain.
After the suicide attempt was "thwarted" by Rima... Oswald added this to the
diary: "Poor Rima stays by my side. .. I tell her go home but she stays . . .
she is 'my friend'."

Some whimsical streak of irony in Oswald's nature led him to put quotation
marks around the more obvious syrupy terms like "my friend" and "A Sweet
Death". He was, with all that was to be accomplished. . . cool enough to
momentarily "put them on"....

A little shaken by the fact his '#suicide attempt" found him transported off
in efficient style to the local psychiatric ward, Oswald decided to condition
his attitudes to please the doctors and get out as soon as possible.

Guessing that they would be more at ease about his case if he convinced them
that he was going to give up his efforts and go back to the States . . . he
worked toward this end. They were convinced and he was released.

With the feeling of power that his projected rendezvous with The Professor
gave him, he renewed his efforts to become a Russian citizen.

Then came a studied dramatic visit to the American Embassy where he dropped
his passport on the receptionists desk and waved a note which made his
renouncement of his ties to his home country "official". He then manufactured
more grist for the strange action he had made of his "diary". He wrote (with
a none-too-subtle hint to whoever pried into its pages) "I leave Embassy,
elated at this showdown, returning to my hotel I feel now my energies are not
spent in vain. I'm sure Russians will accept me after this sign of my faith
in them."

Then, after writing a few violently anti-American letters home (deliberately
worded to further convince those who inspected his mail) . . . Oswald sat
back and waited.

On January 4, 1960, he was summoned to the Passport Office and told he could
stay indefinitely.
Instantly, he relayed this news by a pre-arranged code message to London. Mr.
One contacted The Professor and Lee Harvey Oswald was placed upon the
threshold of an incredible experience.

$500.00 was rushed to him and he was instructed to head immediately for Minsk.
There, where The Professor was waiting for him, Mr. One's promises were kept.
A few other "extras" were to change Lee Oswald's destiny, however, in a
tragic way.

In Minsk, Lee Oswald was contacted and welcomed by The Professor, who
reassured him that he would indeed be part of a super-secret Russian
scientific program in the study of behaviorism. It was a highly sophisticated
off-shoot of the work initiated years previously by Vasiliev in Leningrad.
The Professor did not go into great detail as to exactly what role Oswald was
to play in the experiments, but his cheerful manner set Lee at delighted ease.

He was assigned an attractive flat with a terrace view of the Svisloch River.
His rent would be $6.00 a month and his allowances would be $160.00 a month,
a most handsome sum in Minsk.

Oswald relaxed and, in conversation with The Professor, confided how he had
used his "diary' to convince Moscow to let him stay in the country. The
Professor looked disturbed. Was he keeping the diary up? No, said Oswald, his
purpose had been accomplished. The Professor quickly warned him that he must
keep it up as long as he was in Russia so as not to disturb the pattern of
his behavior. He should not, advised The Professor, always write the most
complimentary things. It wouldn't look very convincing, because all Russians
had things they secretly fretted over. Just don't make the complaints too
severe. Oswald, startled to find The Professor was not all-powerful in Minsk,
agreed. He was later to find this insecurity, of course, on many levels.

Oswald was then told by The Professor that the work he would assist in, was
experimental research in the field of electrical stimulation of the brain at
No. 5 Krasnaya Street, in the Experimental Section of the Electrotechnical
and Instrument Building. Exhibit No. 985 of the Warren Report confirms this
indeed was where he worked.

During the next twelve months, Oswald performed his work and tried to adjust
himself to Russian life. His work with The Professor was not too interesting,
but he was assured something "important" lay ahead for him. Indeed, it did.

Just how long Oswald would have waited for that something important, we are
never to know. Romance intervened and speeded up The Professor's plans for
Oswald.

Badly shaken emotionally by an infatuation with a girl named Ella German (who
refused to marry him), Oswald suddenly showed signs of going to pieces.

Quick action was decided upon. . . for Lee was more important to their future
plans than he was allowed to suspect.

Marina Nikolaevna Prussakova, a clever attractive beauty, suddenly appeared
in Lee's path at a dance.
Events followed in quick succession. Much to his own amazement, Oswald felt
himself swept up in a romantic maelstrom which was designed to restore his
confidence and take his mind off Ella. It worked.

In his diary, which he was now half-heartedly keeping up as per The
Professor's stern instructions . . . he wrote, ". . . the transition of
changing full love from Ella to Marina was very painful . . . especially, as
I saw Ella almost every day at the factory, but as the days and weeks went
by, I adjusted more and more."
The Professor, satisfied that he would be charmed by Marina, informed the
slightly dazed Oswald that he was now about to participate in his "big
contribution" to the project.

Let us clarify for a moment, Mr. One's motives . . . and his exact plan for
Lee Oswald.

Mr. One's idea was to direct Oswald into a situation where he would be used
by the Behavior Control Project in Minsk and be prepared as a "sleeper” to
return to the United States for use at some future time. How would he be
used? In almost any manner that Soviet Intelligence decided.

Lee Oswald was to be utilized as . . . (and now you must clear your brain and
put aside your preconceived notions of what espionage and sabotage are today)
. . . a R.H.I.C. controlled person . . . somewhat like a mechanical toy. A
R.H.I.C. controlled person can be processed (as Oswald was in Minsk), allowed
to travel to any country . . . and be put to use even years later by the
application of R.H.I.C. controls. In short, like the toy, he can in a sense
be "wound up" and made to perform acts without any possibility of the
controller being detected. Under R.H.I.C., a "sleeper" can be used years
later with no realization that he (the "sleeper") is even being controlled!
He can be made to perform acts that he will have no memory of ever having
carried out. In a manipulated kind of kamikaze operation, where the life of
the "sleeper" is dispensable, R.H.I.C. processing makes him particularly
valuable because if he is detected and caught before he performs the act
specified. . . nothing he says will implicate the group or government which
processed and controlled him.

For example, if it were deemed necessary for an assassination attempt to be
made on a head of state . . . a R.H.I.C. controlled person might attempt and
fail and be caught. He could not implicate whoever controlled him to do the
deed . . . because he would either not remember having done it . . . or
honestly believe that it was his own idea! A more efficient kind of human
intelligence tool has never been devised!

How much information does the C.I.A. have about this sort of behavior
control? We have no way of knowing for the C.I.A. tells only what it chooses
to tell.

Nevertheless, in weighing The Rumor, we find it interesting to note the
following item from “A Primer of Assassination Theories," published in
Esquire magazine.

"Since Oswald spent considerable time in a Soviet hospital, a few Commission
lawyers entertained the theory that Oswald might have been brainwashed and
conditioned to be a 'sleeper' assassin; then he went haywire (i.e. he was
accidentally turned on). The Commission decided to send a letter to the C.I.A
requesting information on the 'present status of Soviet mind-conditioning
techniques.' A few weeks later, a C.I.A. agent replied that this possibility
was still 'a main school of thought' at the C.I.A. on the assassination, and
although such techniques were still in a relatively primitive stage, this
form of conditioning could be induced by drugs. The theory, however, was not
further developed.”

 Don't think that R.H.I.C. belongs in the never-never land of fantasy. Let us
rip aside the veil of secrecy for just a moment from two other sophisticated
tools in current use by world-wide intelligence operators. They are not nice
tools. The intelligence field today is not one for the squeamish.

Number one . . . is called by some in the craft the "needle". It is just
that. A sharp needle similar to a hypo but easier to conceal. If the target
person is walking down a crowded street or corridor, an intelligence agent
simply walks by him, brushing against him, touching his leg with the needle
and in a few seconds the target dies of a "heart attack". There is no reason
to suspect the cause of the death is anything else . . . and so it is
reported to the press. Number two: Most of the so-called investigations about
wire-tapping are concerned with apparatus that is long since out of date. The
newest tool is a powder which is sprinkled surreptitiously on a man's suit or
overcoat while he is walking in a crowd or standing in an elevator. Until the
suit is cleaned, the powder acts as a kind of transmitter for the use of
radio pick-up nearby. His clothing transmits his voice and the conversation
of those near him a sufficient distance for those eavesdropping to check him
out.

At least one very prominent American labor leader has complained privately
that he knew this method was used on him.

Like R.H.I.C., the powder-pick-up is an offshoot of a legitimate medical
discovery, which enables doctors to study various functions of the human body
by radio.

We have noted these two devices which have been in use for the last five
years in order to give some idea of the sophistication of the newer "tools".

In Minsk, the plan was to have Oswald processed for control by R.H.I.C....
and then released by the Russians to return home and perhaps join a handful
of other "sleepers" similarly "prepared".

The purpose behind Mr. One's manipulating Oswald toward this end was not to
do the Russians any favor! Mr. One couldn't have cared less (nor could his
conspirators) whether Oswald ever proved useful in the future for the
Soviets. Mr. One understood R.H.I.C. and he knew how to manipulate. This he
had learned in Russia working with The Professor years before. He did not
have the skill to perform the ultra-sophisticated cerebral operation
necessary for R.H.I.C. processing. That had to be done in Minsk in the
hospital . . . by The Professor. It was.

Shortly after he met Marina, Lee Oswald was informed that he was going to
become more valuable to the "research projects, and that he would soon become
a central figure in the project. How was his health? This was important. He
must not delay things once the full experiment was under way.
Oswald replied honestly enough he had experienced some difficulty with his
hearing, both as a child and as an adult.

After an examination, an associate of The Professor told Oswald That he
indeed did have a condition that could crop up and be distressing and
time-wasting. There would be a minor operation performed free, and certain
polyps in his nose would be removed which they felt would assure him of
better health. (In truth, his adenoids would be removed.)

A little apprehensive, a little flattered, Oswald agreed meekly.

There was one other thing, The Professor's assistant added. While on The
operating table and under the anesthesia . . . There would be made a very
simple exploratory incision at The back of his head for making certain
harmless tests. This would be invaluable in carrying out the muscular
manipulation-by-radio experiment That was to climax The work Oswald was to do
in Minsk.

The only inconvenience would be a brief stay in the hospital and The
assistant promised that the tiny incision would be of the very latest type
that would be almost invisible. His hair would hide it in a few weeks.

Oswald suspected that some of the concern about his hearing was directly
linked to their desire for the chance to make the tests. He knew that the
electronic equipment the experimental laboratory was refining had to do with
this kind of experimentation. Their request sounded logical. Primarily,
Oswald was pleased. His ears had always been a sore subject with him, and he
secretly feared increasing hearing disability.

He asked a few questions of The Professor and his associate as to exactly how
the operation on the nose would affect his hearing. Satisfied with the
answers, he consented.

The Professor beamed and hinted broadly that Oswald would certainly then be
in possible line for public decoration when the project was completed.

According to official Russian records, Lee Harvey Oswald was admitted to the
hospital in Minsk at 10:00 a.m., March 30, 1961. The diagnosis released later
as to why he was supposed to be there was put this way: "Admitted with
complaints about suppuration from the right ear and weakened in hearing." In
all the routine of covering up the real reason for Oswald's stay, there was
one slight oversight. He was hospitalized for eleven days for an "adenoid"
operation. Eleven days for an adenoid removal is, of course, preposterous. In
austere Soviet Russia it was particularly ridiculous !

What really happened on that operating table! Oswald never knew. After he was
placed under anesthesia, advanced technique was employed to implant a
miniaturized radio receiver which would produce a muscular reaction in his
cerebral region . . . a receiver no larger (as we have seen is possible in
the admissions of Dr. Ko) than a man's tiny shirt button.

We will spare you the gory details but ironically we can note that if The
Rumor is true, then indeed special photographs were taken of his head....
They were Polaroid Roentgenograms to enable the surgeons to draw the desired
position of the implant, and after determination of the entrance point,
direction and depth, the tiny receiver was inserted.

Not nearly as delicate as the job of implanting actual electrodes inside the
skull (the task facing Dr. Delgado's team) this implant would more than
suffice for the purposes of the R.H.I.C. controllers because hypnotic
suggestion carried such a large measure of the burden of the operational
technique.

Only in Minsk has science refined the implantation of receiver and stimulator
in such manner that by using ultra miniaturization, it can be accomplished
leaving no sign on the surface of the back of the scalp (once the minute
incision has healed).

Thus, Lee Harvey Oswald underwent surgery on April 1, 1961 and was discharged
on April 11 .. . to remain for the rest of his life without his knowledge a
completely efficient human tool... subject to "control"!

pps55-90
------
Aloha, He'Ping
Om, Shalom, Salaam.