-Caveat Lector-

Patrick Buchanan late on Wednesday strongly denied an ASSOCAITED PRESS story
that quoted "officials" saying Buchanan is preparing to leave the Republican
Party to seek the presidential nomination of the Reform Party.

In an interview with Dan Balz of the WASHIGNTON POST, set for publication on
Thursday, Buchanan throws cold water on a fire started by AP reporter Ron
Fournier, accusing unnamed rivals of attempting to disrupt his campaign on
the eve of the Iowa GOP straw poll.

"The timing is curious," Buchanan said of the AP report about his
intentions.

"I think it is being pumped up by people who I think do not wish us well in
the straw poll."

Buchanan tells Balz: "If the Republican Party veers off the road, that's
their business. My first commitment is to my ideals and convictions. As Jack
Kennedy once said, 'Sometimes party loyalty asks too much,' but right now
I'm going down the road as a Republican."

AP's Ron Fournier quoted "officials close to Buchanan and in the Reform
Party."

http://www.drudgereport.com/matt1.htm

Bard

Visit me at:
The Center for Exposing Corruption in the Federal Government
http://www.xld.com/public/center/center.htm

Federal Government defined:
....a benefit/subsidy protection racket!