-Caveat Lector-

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> >  Do omnipotent conspiracies exist that control information,
> >  politics, economics?  Unknowable - if such conspiracies DO
> >  exist, all one THINKS one knows about them derives from data
> >  that they control; thus the conspiratorialist is their dupe,
> >  manipulated by all their leaks, their disinfo campaigns.
>
> Not so, since even "grand" conspiracies can't control all infor-
> mation all the time.  It is possible to get unmodified information
> and form an opinion.

How can you be sure about that?  How can you be sure that anything
you think you know about a conspiracy hasn't been fabricated and
leaked by the conspiracy?  How do we know that you aren't and agent
of The Conspiracy, working to lull us into believing that some of
what is posted here is true/relevant?  How do you know that I'm not
an agent of The Conspiracy, working to discredit all investigators?

That's my point - once one posits the existence of a sufficiently
powerful conspiracy, NOTHING can be trusted, NO information can be
accepted, NOBODY can be who they seem/claim.  Paranoia Central, eh?

> It is true though that since much of what is disseminated is
> controlled as disinformation (or truth if it suits their purpose)
> it is difficult to KNOW if any given conspiracy is in fact "real".
> It is not unknowable, just difficult to uncover.

A good disinfo campaign is like an onion, with many layers, each
peeled away to reveal another, then another, ad infinitum, until
a 'core' of truth is reached - but there's no core there, no truth,
just air, skin after skin of onion-paper covering... nothing... so,
what's to uncover?  Is there any 'there' there?  How can we tell?