> A Source Guide for Advocates
>

> David U. Himmelstein, M.D.
> Steffie Woolhandler, M.D., M.P.H.
>
> 272 pages
>
> $11.95 PAPER; ISBN 1-56751-018-3
> Order Direct and Save 25%
> OUR PRICE ONLY $8.96
>
> $29.95 CLOTH; ISBN 1-56751-019-1
>
> A simple, clear argument for a national health program like Canada's.
>
> Most Americans would prefer a national health program like Canada's that costs
> less than ours and insures everyone. Why, in a democracy, isn't this an option?
> The multibillion dollar health insurance industry fights for its life by
> promoting managed competition, keeping information from the public, and
> spreading lies about the Canadian system. This book gives you the information to
> fight back.
>
> Did you know?
>
> •Canadians live two years longer than Americans; •Canada spends only 9 percent
> of its gross national product on health care and insures everyone, while we
> spend 14 percent of our GNP and leave 35 million people uninsured; •Canadians
> get more care than Americans, and 95 percent of Canadians get the care they need
> within 24 hours, at least as fast as most Americans; •Administrative costs for
> health care were $911 per person in the U.S. in 1993 and only $270 per person in
> Canada. Going to a Canadian-style system would save enough on paper pushing to
> cover all of the uninsured; •The Clinton administration hopes to save money by
> pushing most Americans into Health Maintenance Organizations, but HMO premiums
> have been skyrocketing.
>

> This book decodes health insurance companies' propaganda, providing a tool to
> organize for what most Americans already know they want.
>
> Click here to view the Table of Contents
> http://www.commoncouragepress.com/healthcont.html
>
> David U. Himmelstein and Steffie Woolhandler are founders of Physicians for a
> National Health Program. They teach and practice medicine at Harvard Medical
> School and the Cambridge Hospital.

A<>E<>R
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes. -Marcel Proust
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said
it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your
own reason and your common sense." --Buddha
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
A merely fallen enemy may rise again, but the reconciled
one is truly vanquished. -Johann Christoph Schiller,
                                       German Writer (1759-1805)
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
It is preoccupation with possessions, more than anything else, that
prevents us from living freely and nobly. -Bertrand Russell
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
"Everyone has the right...to seek, receive and impart
information and ideas through any media and regardless
of frontiers."
Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will
teach you to keep your mouth shut."
--- Ernest Hemingway
Forwarded as information only; no endorsement to be presumed
In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. section 107, this material
for non-profit research and educational purposes only.