THE WASHINGTON POST  (an excerpt)

Expert Concludes FBI Fired Shots During
Waco Siege

By David A. Vise and Richard Leiby
Washington Post Staff Writers
Wednesday, October 6, 1999; Page A02

An expert retained by the House Government
Reform Committee said yesterday that he
believes an FBI agent fired shots during
the bureau's 1993 siege of the Branch Davidian
compound near Waco, Tex., a view that is at
odds with the FBI's consistent position that
none of its agents fired at any time.

Carlos Ghigliotti, an expert in thermal
imaging and videotape analysis who has done
work for the FBI, said he has spent hundreds
of hours reviewing various tapes of the siege,
including a newly released FBI audio recording
that was part of a videotape turned over to
Congress recently in response to a subpoena.

Based on his review, Ghigliotti said he is
convinced that during the final assault on
April 19, 1993, an FBI agent shot in the
direction of the Branch Davidian compound.

"I conclude that the FBI fired shots on that
day," Ghigliotti said in an interview yesterday.
"I conclude this based on the ground-view
videotapes taken from several different angles
simultaneously and based on the overhead thermal
tape. The gunfire from the ground is there,
without a doubt."

After being briefed yesterday by Ghigliotti,
Rep. Dan Burton (R-Ind.), chairman of the
committee that retained Ghigliotti as a witness,
said: "What we have heard from this expert is
troubling, but we think it is premature to make
any final determination. We don't want to go
off half-cocked. As soon as we get all the
necessary information, we will hold hearings
and present the information to the American people."

SEE FULL REPORT:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/WPcap/1999-10/06/064r-100699-idx.html

WACO BOMB: http://ian.goddard.net/wacorom2.htm