-Caveat Lector-

NEW EVIDENCE FOR POSSIBLE HUGE PLANET BEYOND PLUTO
Is It the Sumerian Nibiru Predicted By Zecharia Sitchin?

The astronomy world buzzed with excitement on October 7 as newly announced
evidence from two separate research teams appeared to confirm the existence
of a huge planet-like body far beyond the orbit of Pluto.

For decades, astronomers have speculated that such a planet must exist.
"Wobbles" in the known outer planets seem to require it. Now, observations
of
incoming comets apparently ejected from the extremely remote Oort Cloud by
some strong gravitational force lend credence to the idea of a giant planet
circling our solar system at a distance of perhaps three trillion miles, or
half a light year.

Dr. John Murray of Britain's Open University has been studying the behavior
of so-called long period comets for decades. He has focused attention on
thirteen such comets whose behavior suggests the gravitational action of a
large body near the Oort Cloud, a field of primordial rock, ice and dust
that
envelopes the entire solar system.

Speaking to BBC News Online, Murray said, "Although I have only analysed 13
comets in detail, the effect is pretty conclusive. I have calculated that
there is only about a one in 1,700 chance that it is due to chance." In a
research paper to be published in mid-October in the Monthly Notices of the
Royal Astronomical Society, Murray suggests that the so-far unseen planet is
several times larger than Jupiter. Furthermore, he says, the planet appears
to orbit the sun in the "wrong" direction, opposite the orbit of all the
known planets. This could mean that the huge object may be a so-called
"rogue
planet" that drifted in from very deep space and was captured by the sun's
gravity.

Similar conclusions have been separately reached by physicists John Matese,
Daniel Whitmire and Patrick Whitman at the University of Louisiana at
Lafayette. They too were watching the oddly orderly behavior of certain long
period comets and began to suspect that a very large body was moving near
the
Oort Cloud. "We were driven to this by rejecting everything else we could
think of," Daniel Whitmire told ABC News.

The findings of John Matese and colleagues will be published in an upcoming
edition of the journal Icarus. In that article, Matese refers to the object
as possibly a "brown dwarf" and estimates its mass at three times that of
Jupiter.

According to Murray, if the presumed planet were in a circular orbit, it
would take nearly six million years to circle the sun. Also, despite its
enormous size, it would be extremely faint, giving off no light of its own,
and probably could not be detected even by the Hubble Telescope. But the
next
generation of space-based telescopes, which would include ultra-sensitive
infrared sensors, might be able to find it.

Meanwhile, the discussion of a huge new planet has aroused the particular
interest of researchers familiar with the work of Sumerian scholar Zecharia
Sitchin. In a series of books called "The Earth Chronicles," Sitchin has
eloquently argued that the ancient Sumerian civilization knew very well
about
this huge outer planet and described it -- and its extraterrestrial
inhabitants, whom they called the Anunnaki or Nefilim -- in great detail.
Indeed, says Sitchin, the very origin and early history of the human race
are
intimately tied to this planet, which the Sumerians called Nibiru.

Neil Freer ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) has studied Sitchin's work for more than
two decades and has written a book, "Breaking the Godspell" (Falcon Press,
1987), in which he further develops the possible implications of Nibiru's
influence upon past and current humanity. On hearing of the discoveries of
David Murray, John Matese et al, Freer wasted no time publicly pointing out
the obvious parallels with the predicted existence of Nibiru.

Freer's open letter to BBC Online News Science Editor Dr. David Whitehouse,
posted to the internet, provides a brief but authoritative introduction to
Sitchin's ideas and to the history of scientific discoveries in support of
the reality of Nibiru. Freer has granted permission to CNI News to reproduce
his letter to Whitehouse in full, as follows:

Re:  Announcement by Dr. John Murray, UK's Open University of possible tenth
planet in our solar system through analysis of cometary data

I wish to call to your attention that Zecharia Sitchin, Sumerian scholar and
author of the Earth Chronicle Series of books, revealed the existence, size,
orbit, and detailed characteristics of the tenth planet in our solar system
25 years ago through the translation of the Enuma Elish (When in the
heights....), a major document unearthed at the archaeological digs at
Nineveh by Layard, and translated by L.W. King. It gives a complete account
of the formation of our solar system, including the gravitational capture
into the system of this tenth planet (known to the Sumerians as Nibiru and
the Babylonians as Marduk); its subsequent collision with a large planet,
Tiamat, orbiting then between Mars and Jupiter; the formation of the
asteroid
belt, comets and meteorites from the impact; [and] the translation of the
larger part of the impacted native planet into our orbit to become Earth.
The
Enuma Elish says that the intruder planet settled into a huge elliptical
orbit of 3600 years around our sun in the "wrong" direction, counter to the
orbital direction of the other planets, [and] that it returns to the inner
solar system through the asteroid belt area periodically. It gives the
details of the path it can be observed taking through the constellations as
it approaches and the disruptive events its close passing causes on Earth.

Tombaugh, searching for the tenth Planet X, discovered Pluto in 1930.
Christie, of the U.S. Naval Observatory, discovered Charon, Pluto's moon, in
1978. The characteristics of Pluto derivable from the nature of Charon
through the two Pioneer spacecrafts' data demonstrated that there must still
be a large planet undiscovered because Pluto could not be the cause of the
residuals, the "wobbles" in the orbital paths of Uranus and Neptune which
had
to be caused by a large planet. The IRAS (Infrared Astronomical Satellite),
during 1983 -'84, produced observations of a tenth planet so robust that one
of the astronomers on the project said that "all that remains is to name it"
-- from which point the information has become curiously guarded. In 1992,
Harrington and Van Flandern of the U.S. Naval Observatory, working with all
the information they had at hand, published their opinion that there was, at
least, an 85% possibility of a tenth planet, even calling it an "intruder"
planet. Andersen of JPL [Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California]
later publicly expressed his belief that it could possibly be verified any
time. Harrington invited Sitchin, having read his book and translations of
the Enuma Elish, to a meeting at his office and they correlated the current
findings with the ancient records. Harrington acknowledged the detail of the
ancient records while confidently narrowing its current location to below
the
ecliptic in the southern skies, even acknowledging the possibility of a
retrograde orbit.

Sitchin definitively answers the question How could our earliest
civilizations know of this planet? with the thoroughly substantiated thesis
that the transcultural "gods" known to all the ancient civilizations were
not
mythological but flesh and blood humanoids whose home planet was, is,
indeed,
this tenth planet. They came here 432,000 years ago, created our species as
slave race for their gold mines by crossing their genes with those of Homo
Erectus, moved us up to limited partnership subsequently and taught us
civilization and science and astronomy, eventually phased off and left us on
our own to find our own species identity.

Regardless of whether one accepts his evidence and thesis or not, one must
face the clear and simple fact -- as Harrington was enough of a real
scientist to do -- that the information about this tenth planet -- and all
the others in our system -- is there in the ancient documents and is
continually being verified in finer and finer detail.   The obstacle to
Sitchin's thesis is not scientific. It is the very unscholarly, traditional,
pervasive, preclusive mindset of academicians and scientists, long fostered
by the religious absolutism that put Galileo under house arrest and burnt
Bruno at the stake, that this history and information is to be disregarded
as
mythological.

This is not to denigrate the impressive, sophisticated and astute work of
Dr.
Murray  or to detract from his findings. Credit, however, should be given to
whomever it is due in proper measure. The recognition of the information
that
Sitchin has published on the tenth planet and its utilization would save the
astronomers great time and effort and is precise and robust enough to
provide
all data necessary for a computer modeling of our universe from its
beginnings. The Enuma Elish describes Nibiru's visual path through the
constellations as it approaches the inner solar system to perigee in the
asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter. A computer modeling would furnish a
prediction of the time and path of Nibiru's  return to the inner solar
system, highly significant because the Enuma Elish details the disruptive
physical effects it creates on Earth by its close passing. The work of
Harrington, Van Flandern, Ritchie, the IRAS project, and now that of Murray
and Matese continues to reinforce and refine the details already known to
humans for thousands of years, lost and recovered, and uncovered and
revealed
again by Sitchin 25 years ago. As to naming the planet, Sitchin already has
written years ago to the Planetary Society, charged with naming planets, to
formally notify them of the fact that it already has been named Nibiru for
thousands of years. Although too modest a scholar to put himself forward in
this case, I personally think that Sitchin should receive a Nobel prize for
his research and master thesis. Let proper credit be given in due measure
where it clearly should.

[Neil Freer's website: http://www.concentric.net/~freer1]

*** NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THE WHOLE POSTING, BUT
*** CUT/PASTE ONLY THOSE POSTING YOU REALLY REPLY TO.

Hint: If you intentionally reply to a large portion of the digest, remove
all lines including '(digest-marker)' so your post passes the filters.

The Nephilim have been found now in great numbers. The evidence is now
so overwhelming that there were humanoids on the earth before Adam that the
Genesis account has been dismissed. That is not the fault of Genesis. It is
the fault of the people who epitomised biblical literalism over the past
century.
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We are about to go on a Journey. All Aboard
http://sites.netscape.net/gsussnzl/homepage
Bargain Books
http://bn.bfast.com/bfast/click/mid1349732?siteid=10734186&bfpage=b